Lead Ground Systems Engineer - Happy Valley Ranch | Zoek USA | 0d0803
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Lead Ground Systems Engineer
Happy Valley Ranch, AZ
Permanent (Full time)
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. Were committed to fostering an environment for every teammate thats welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Defense, Space and Security (BDS), Ground Development and Mission Operations Division, is seeking a Lead Ground Systems Engineer (Level 4) to join our team in Seal Beach, CA. Our team creates the next generation products and services for the BDS business unit. We work with proprietary customers in the development of the next-generation technologies in space. Our team focuses on rapid prototyping to demonstrate a host of mission-focused technologies for a variety of customers. Our group works all facets of engineering from technology investment, concept development, proposal writing, requirements and design, build, integration, test, and demonstration of products in their relevant environments.
The Lead Ground Systems Engineer will be a part of a high-performing team that are immersed in high intensity development projects. As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to lead within proprietary programs being performed for . government customers who are responsible for exciting national security missions. This lead is expected to drive and utilize project management and system engineering processes and standards such as traceability, system verification, system validation, baseline descriptions, configuration management and change control to develop first time quality system that is operable and maintainable, and to establish and maintain customer relationships as well as partnerships with stakeholders, peers, and partners. This role will lead in vital systems development and integration and test activities to establish product readiness and transitioning for off-site operations.
- Applies an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to lead activities to plan, design, develop and verify complex lifecycle balanced system of systems and system solutions.
- Evaluate customer/operational needs to define system performance requirements, integrate technical parameters and assure compatibility of all physical, functional and program interfaces.
- Leads analyses to optimize total system of systems and/or system architecture. Leads analyses for affordability, safety, reliability (FMEA), maintainability, testability, human systems integration, survivability, vulnerability, susceptibility, system security, regulatory, certification, product assurance, system safety, logistics, supportability and sustainment, and other specialties quality factors into a preferred configuration to ensure mission success.
- Leads and executes verification and validation of system requirements with proper flowdown and traceability for system, hardware, and software components defining scope of validation or regression activities required for recertification.
- Leads and executes operations support with logistics, supportability and sustainment/maintenance including sparing with operator training and transition procedures, plans and documentation.
- Leads, develops, maintains and identifies improvements the planning, organization, implementation and monitoring of requirements management processes, tools, risk, issues, opportunity management and technology readiness assessment processes.
- Drives interface development, documentation (ICDs and IDDs), and compliance and system integration across hardware and software domains for Command and Control, Mission Management, and Mission Processing elements to ensure system success with ground segment.
- Drives development and documentation of system-level network interfaces, plans, network connectivity drawings.
- Drives statement of work and basis of estimates and tasking for systems engineering efforts for proposals and contractors.
- Drives configuration and data management for hardware, software and system configurations using PIMS, BitBucket, Git, ClearCase.
- Supports implementation and management of system integration labs.
- Actively participate in integration and test activities for our products.
This position requires an active/current Top Secret/SCI . Security Clearance. (A . Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.).
Basic Qualifications**(Required Skills/Experience):**
- Bachelor's, Master's or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
- 10 years or more of experience in technical systems engineering leadership.
- 10 years or of experience in system engineering to include system architecture, requirements and interface development and allocation, verification and validation.
- 5 years or more of experience using DOORS.
- 3 years or more of experience with Agile and Scrum Master.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience in software coding and troubleshooting.
- Experience working with systems and software architecture.
- Experience supporting proposal activity for new and follow-on business.
- Experience interfacing with senior leadership and customer.
- Experience in ground and space systems.
- Experience working in a highly collaborative cross functional team environment.
- 5 years or more experience in development of command and control, mission management and mission processing software systems for ground systems.
- 5 years or more of experience with software development programs.
- 5 years or more of experience with Cost Account Management (EVMS).
- 10 years or more of experience in project leadership.
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. (Full relocation is available for internal candidates, based on candidate eligibility.).
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Eligible for 3ERP