Senior Scientist - Computational Biology
Pine Brook, NJ
Permanent (Full time)
Senior Scientist - Computational Biologist
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a SR Scientist - Computational Biology in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
- Integrate and analyze pre-clinical and clinical, internal and public domain datasets, to generate and evaluate hypotheses for drug combination, new disease indications, and mechanism of action purposes.
- Apply state-of-the-art machine learning and deep learning methods for clinical biomarker identification and validation, on various types of data including molecular profiling data, unstructured text data, EHR data, and more.
- Support translational bioinformatics needs for key oncology clinical projects, including high-throughput data QC, processing, analysis and integration.
- Drive collaborations with internal groups, external partners, including CROs and academia for data analysis and machine learning.
- Support oncology clinical science and translational research teams to achieve translational research and clinical objectives using advanced computational biology and machine learning techniques.
- Interact closely with biologists and clinicians to conduct analyses, data integration and data interpretation.
- Identify, build, and use bioinformatic pipelines to process and QC omics data types including genomics, transcriptomics, single cell sequencing, proteomics and metabolomics.
- Interpret preclinical and clinical datasets using appropriate computational and statistical methods.
- Create visualizations, interpret high dimensional data and explain results to cross-functional teams.
- Plan and coordinate computational biology activities internally and in partnership with external CROs and academic partners, including complex projects requiring collaboration with multiple members of the team and organizations.
- Prepare and present comprehensive scientific reports to a full range of internal and external audiences.
- Work collaboratively with data scientists and data engineering groups to enhance our computational infrastructure, user interface, query and visualization capabilities.
- Writes study reports and presents data effectively in all settings and with participants of all levels of the organization.
- Receives high level instructions on all work, determines methods for new assignments, works closely with manager, may manage junior staff
- Determines methods for new assignments; perform literature search as needed to propose innovative solutions
- Independently manages own workload
- Conducts scientific presentations to internal audiences
*EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS**:*
- PhD degree in a scientific discipline, with 5+ years experience, or
- MS with 10+ years experience, or
- BS with 12+ years experience
- Strong background with high dimensional data analysis derived from Next Generation Sequencing, including some of the following: RNASeq, DNASeq, , epigenetics, single cell sequencing, and immune profiling data.
- Strong scientific understanding of molecular biology and genomics, as well as disease biology such as cancer and rare diseases.
- Knowledge of and experience with machine learning and bioinformatic techniques.
- Hands-on experience developing and implementing bioinformatic pipelines for data analysis of RNASeq, DNASeq, single cell datasets, and metabolomics data.
- Solid knowledge of Unix/Linux, command line interfaces, and fluency in some common scripting and/or programming language (., R, Python, Perl, Java, C / C++).
- Familiarity with parallel computing, relational databases (., SQL) and cloud computing or distributed computing (. AWS).
- Theoretical knowledge of bioinformatics, computational biology; keeps current with emerging trends in bioinformatics and computational biology.
- Familiarity with popular public domain data sources and programmatic interfaces.
- Experience in designing and conducting computational biology activities to meet program objectives; able to provide input on timelines and resource needs as indicated.
- Able to evaluate/develop computational methods based on project needs.
- Excellent problem solving, communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Independent, self-starting and supportive of team-based research and able to work effectively in a matrix organization.
- Ability to work in a team and influence team to make data driven decisions
- Ability to search literature and come up with innovative solution to difficult problems
- Effective November 1, 2021, absent an approved religious or medical reason, all US office-based and lab-based Takeda employees who work fully on-site or in a hybrid model (as determined by Takeda) must be fully vaccinated to work at a Takeda site or to engage with Takeda colleagues or anyone else on behalf of Takeda. As of the same date, absent an approved religious or medical reason, US field-based employees, employees must be fully vaccinated in order to continue in their current roles. US employees who work at a Takeda manufacturing facility, and those who work at a BioLife center or BioLife lab, may be subject to different guidelines. Candidates are encouraged to speak with their recruiter to seek further information on the applicable guidelines for the Business Unit/Function for which they have applied.
- Relevant travel
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at ****
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.