Onsite Support Specialist
East Los Angeles, California
Working Location: California, Los Angeles
Are you looking for a company that cares about people's lives and health, including yours? At Olympus, we help make people's lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling, every day.
Let's inspire healthier lives, together.
This is a project based position that is dependent upon the length of our customer contracts. The primary role is to provide customer support of Olympus equipment in the Operating Room and/or other specified departments by focusing on managing all relevant equipment providing basic trouble shooting and provides training for proper care and handling of Olympus equipment.
* Assist Olympus personnel with the installation of equipment.
* Coordinate schedules with audiovisual providers and boom manufacturers for installation.
* Set-up and break-down of plug & play video tower/system equipment, according to IFU instructions.
* Provide in-servicing sessions for operation room personnel on Olympus equipment regularly, based on staff needs.
* Provide clinical equipment management support on all Olympus equipment (pre, intra & post OP).
* Evaluate and resolve equipment malfunctions as necessary. May include basic electronic troubleshooting.
* Coordinate periodic evaluations of the equipment with the customer to make determinations as to repair or replacement needs in the event of damage, loss, wear and tear, etc.
* Perform routine maintenance on the equipment, including pre-use inspection, evaluation of equipment malfunction as necessary, and periodic functionality testing to proactively prevent issues during operation.
* Work with Customer to schedule inspection, repair, and/or replacement of equipment when damaged, worn, and lost, etc.
* Follow procedures to notify, track, and report lost or damaged equipment Coordinate with customer shipping and receiving department(s), as well as Olympus Service group(s), to expedite repairs of the equipment Monitor, and if requested, reasonably report, the Customer's Olympus repair expenditures; note significant repair issues or occurrences.
* Maintain professional appearance, work ethic, and attitude as required by Olympus Americas INC and the facility you are assigned.
* Adhere to HIPAA and other related patient confidentiality policies and procedures at all times.
* Associates degree or equivalent relevant experience required. Relevant job history will be considered.
* Minimum of 1 year of related equipment experience/knowledge in electrical engineering, biomedical engineering, nursing, computer science, or related discipline required.
* Travel less than 20% annually; potential overnight and air travel.
* Must be able to operate a vehicle.
* Operating room experience and demonstrated knowledge of anatomy, surgical procedures and aseptic technique preferred.
* Solid working knowledge of electronics and audiovisual equipment.
* Basic computer skills including Microsoft office, strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Must be comfortable with public speaking, delivering an in-service/demonstration to a group Must possess a high degree of self-reliance, initiative, and creativity.
* Excellent work ethic, proven self-starter with excellent time management skills with the ability to use independent judgment and critical thinking effectively.
* Eager to learn and grow, accept and apply feedback Is dedicated to consistently delivering superior customer service.
We realize work isn't just a job to you.
It's a big part of your life, but not the only part. That's why we offer competitive salaries, a robust 401(k) program, annual bonus program and comprehensive medical benefits, as well as tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, parental and adoption leave, on-site services and Colleague Affinity Networks - so you can be ready for where life can take you.
Olympus is passionate about the solutions it creates for the medical, life sciences, and industrial equipment industries, as well as cameras and audio products. For more than 100 years, Olympus has focused on making people's lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling by helping detect, prevent, and treat disease, furthering scientific research, ensuring public safety, and capturing images of the world.
Olympus' Medical business uses innovative capabilities in medical technology, therapeutic intervention, and precision manufacturing to help healthcare professionals deliver diagnostic, therapeutic, and minimally invasive procedures to improve clinical outcomes, reduce overall costs, and enhance the quality of life for patients. Olympus' Medical portfolio includes endoscopes, laparoscopes, and video imaging systems, as well as surgical energy devices, system integration solutions, medical services, and a wide range of endotherapy instruments for endoscopic and therapeutic applications. For more information, visit olympus-.
Olympus...True To You. True To Society. True To LIFE.
It is the policy of Olympus to extend equal employment and advancement opportunity to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship status, religious creed (including dress and grooming practices), age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth and/or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability (physical or mental) and/or a medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, veteran status or service in the uniformed services, and any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Posting Notes: || United States (US) || California (US-CA) || Los Angeles ||