Security Guard - Now Hiring
Permanent (Full time)
At Allied Universal®, we continue to build an inclusive, Be Phenomenal® culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates a diverse workplace. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities in which we serve. Allied Universal offers so much more than just a job. We offer careers. We take great pride in our promote-from-within culture. There are countless examples of individuals who began their career as Security Professionals and today hold positions on our senior leadership team. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for all full-time positions! Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal® today!
This position is responsible for the safety and security of the facilities they protect. Our Critical Facility Officers allow us to accomplish our companys core purpose which is to service, secure and care for the people and businesses in our communities. Critical Facility Security Officers act as a visible deterrent to crime and client rule infractions; they detect and report suspicious, unsafe or criminal acts at or near their assigned posts which may be a threat to the property, clients, guests or employees at the site.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Those duties necessary to meet the minimum requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned:
- Ensure the facility is provided with high quality security services to protect people and property.
- Maintains proficiency in the use of all assigned protective equipment, restraint devices and weapons.
- Report safety concern, security breaches and unusual circumstances both verbally and in writing.
- Preserves order and acts to enforce regulations and directives for the site pertaining to personnel, visitors and premises.
- Monitors closed circuit television systems and alarms; Reports safety concerns, security breaches and unusual circumstances both verbally and in writing.
- Maintains awareness and familiarity with the site-specific operations performance manual and post orders.
- Meets and continues to meet any applicable state, county and municipal licensing and permit requirements for Armed Security Officers and specific protective device and weapons qualifications.
- Build, improve, and maintain effective relationships with both client employees and guests.
- Answer questions and assist guests and employees; Answer phones or greet guests/ employees in a professional, welcoming manner.
- Patrols the facility on foot or in a vehicle.
- Could be required to work for multiple clients at multiple locations; covering special projects, call offs, vacations and open shifts.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; at least 21 years of age
- Be able to obtain a valid Guard License as required in the state for which you are applying, maintain current active status of all required License at all times, and must carry the License at all times while on duty. We provide free training for any hires who do not possess a card/license.
- Current state drivers license, clean driving record (no points in prior 3 years), minimum level of insurance as required by Company policy, and ability to safely operate a vehicle required.
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test and may be required to pass a Drivers Record check.
- Energetic and focused personality with a demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines.
- Ability to handle both common and crisis situations at the client site, calmly and efficiently.
- Professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion. Must have proven ability to maintain correspondence, discussions and materials in strictest confidence. Must be able to work overtime as needed.
- Must possess effective oral and written communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to successfully interact at all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner, including with clients
- Have intermediate computer skills to operate innovative wireless technology at client specific sites.
- Highly organized and ability to follow procedures concisely and consistently; high level of compliance and unwavering integrity to oversee and ensure policies are enforced in a self-directed environment.
- Must be able to frequently prepare reports and read and understand all operating procedures and instructions.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use both hands, is frequently required to stand, sit, stoop, talk and hear (communicate verbally in person and via regular telephone equipment), and must be able to read computer screens, correspondence and reports in English.
- The employee must constantly walk, stand, reach with both hands and arms, and must be able to drive a vehicle. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. May be required to climb stairs on an intermittent basis at client sites.
- Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination
- Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat
- Must be able to focus and multi-task in a busy environment, with the ability to successfully handle stressful situations in a calm and professional manner. Includes being able to effectively manage multiple employees with diverse personalities and engage them to perform at optimum levels.
- Remain flexible to ever changing environments; adapt well to different situations.
- Must be able to clearly speak, read and write English.
Allied Universal® provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to people and businesses within our local communities, and is North Americas leading security services provider. Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: . We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.