Principal Controls Engineer
Permanent (Full time)
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. Youll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxters products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Join Baxter in our mission to save and sustain lives by playing an integral role as we drive our plant forward by leading the development of solutions to challenging problems. Plan, execute and direct critical engineering assignments by applying your knowledge to electrical equipment and control systems in a regulated environment.
- Applies state of the art techniques in the area of expertise to develop new or improved processes.
- Support multiple capital projects.
- Troubleshoot issues with production equipment hardware and software.
- Act as SME for new and existing technologies used throughout the plant.
- Participate in cross-functional teams in detailed phases of the engineering work in a project.
- Resolve issues related to projects and minimize delays or unexpected cost increases.
- Analyze plant processes, design and implement improvements.
- Must be able to provide solutions that reflect understanding business objectives and cost implications.
- Able to work flexible hours as needed to support manufacturing activities.
- Learn, understand and apply rigorous quality standards, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
- Must have experience or advanced training and demonstrate proficiency in a wide range of controls hardware and software.
- Ability to multi-task project responsibilities along with day to day activities.
- Experience evaluating process issues and improvements then completing change control documentation.
- Successful track record of managing activities related to large capital projects and production support.
- Experience with data integrity requirements.
- Display a solid understanding of PLCs, HMI software, vision inspection, robotics, and electrical systems.
- Technical proficiency in Allen-Bradley systems including PLC5, SLC, RS Logix 5000, and the Factory Talk suite of products.
- Ability to organize and present technical and project management overviews without assistance.
- Understand verbal and written safety and quality instructions and read and comprehend written work instructions including words and drawings.
- Must have basic English written and oral communication skills adequate to communicate with other team members.
Required Education and Experience
- . degree in Engineering
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrated success in delivering results on several technical challenges.
Other Duties as Assigned
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Overtime is worked as required
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice .