RN General Medicine - Sign On Bonus
North Hickory, North Carolina
Permanent (Full time)
*This position is eligible for a $15,000 sign on bonus with a 2 year commitment to Mission Health, offer must be accepted before 12/31/2021. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Mission Hospital is committed to investing in the latest technology enabling nurses to work more efficiently. Are you passionate about delivering patient-centered care? Submit your application for Registered Nurse, General Medicine position and spend more time at the bedside with the patient.
At Mission Hospital we want to ensure we support you through all stages of your life as a nurse. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
* Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
* Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
* 401k retirement plan
* Identify Theft Protection
* Pet Insurance
* Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
* Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
* Tuition reimbursement
* Student loan assistance program
* Employee discount program and lots more!
You contribute to our success, let us contribute to yours! Whether you choose to focus on bedside care, a leadership or C-suite role, shape business and operational outcomes, or work to deliver clinical excellence behind the scenes in data science, case management or transfer centers. Unlock your potential at Mission Hospital.
About the Department:
The General Medicine floor is a 36 bed unit that provides care for various medical and behavioral diagnoses.
* Provides leadership which facilitates the delivery of professional nursing care for the comfort and well-being of patients.
* Utilizes the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation, to provide, delegate, supervise and document care and teaching of patients and family.
* Implements medically prescribed interventions.
Required Experience: One-year hospital nursing experience
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing. Effective 3/1/18 Bachelor of Science in Nursing OR enroll in a BSN or advanced degree program within 6 months AND obtain a BSN within 5 years of hire date into RN position.
* Previous signed BSN commitment letter OR grandfathering will be accepted between departments and Mission Health entities.
* Exemptions may be approved with CNO System Council approval.
Preferred Education: Masters in Nursing.
Required License or Certifications:
* Must have and maintain current licensure as registered nurse with the North Carolina Board of Nursing. eNLC (Enhanced Nurse License Compact) license may apply, licensee should confirm with NCBON.
* BLS Healthcare Provider
Preferred License or Certifications: National Certification in area of specialty.
Mission Hospital, located in Asheville, North Carolina, serves as the regional referral center for tertiary and quaternary care in western North Carolina and the adjoining region. Mission Hospital is licensed for more than 800 beds and houses the regions only dedicated Level II trauma center. It also includes Mission Childrens Hospital the regions only childrens hospital. The flagship hospital of Mission Health, Mission Hospital has been consistently ranked as one of the nations Top 100 Hospitals by Truven Health Analytics. Mission Hospital, a member of Mission Health, is an operating division of HCA Healthcare.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $ billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Across HCA Healthcares more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow." - Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our
Registered Nurse, General Medicine opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
*Current HCA employees and those employed by HCA anytime in the last 1 year are not eligible to receive the sign on bonus.