Senior Java Developer Specialist (Virtual)
Permanent (Full time)
Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology? A system's professional who wants to work in a collaborative environment? As an experienced Senior Java Developer you will have the ability to share new ideas and collaborate on projects as a consultant without the extensive demands of travel. Consider an opportunity with our US Delivery Center - we are breaking the mold of a typical Delivery Center.
Our US Delivery Centers have been growing since 2014 with significant, continued growth on the horizon. Interested? Read more about our opportunity below ...
Work You'll Do / Responsibilities
- Work with development teams to deliver solutions that meet client requirements
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Track, manage, and lead small teams on short term sprints and long-term software deployments
- Lead and mentor teams to develop technical solutions using software application tools SDLC methodologies such as SCRUM and Agile
- Collaborate with teams and implement the most relevant development tools/techniques to solve client issues and exceed client requirements
- Use your strong communication skills and technical knowledge to translate technical software solutions to non-technical clients
Deloitte's Government & Public Services practice-our people, ideas, technology and outcomes-is designed for impact. Our team of over 15,000+ professionals bring fresh perspective to help you anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill your mission promise.
The US Systems Engineering Offering delivers large scale software applications and integrated systems and assists its clients with architecture design, assessment and optimization, and definition. The practice aims at developing service-oriented architecture (SOA) and other integration solutions to enable information sharing and management between business partners and disparate processes and systems. It would focus on key client issues that impact the core business by delivering operational value, driving down the cost of quality, and enhancing technology innovation.
- Bachelor's in Science in Bachelors' degree in IT related field or equivalent professional work experience
- 6+ years hands on software development experience - specifically developing web applications and client/server applications
- 4+ years of JAVA programing experience
- Hands-on experience developing web applications utilizing JAVA Enterprise Edition (J2EE), XML, or Web Services at an enterprise level
- 4+ years of experience working with J2EE Framework components such as Servlets, JSP, JDBC, Logging mechanism (ex. Log4J), Transaction Management and Thread Management
- 4+ years of experience writing SQL/Functions/Procedures in transactional database systems such as Oracle, SQL Server, DB2
- Experience with Eclipse IDE and Spring Framework
- Travel up to 20% (while 20% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- AWS Certifications
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.