Permanent (Full time)
Preston Harris Group -
Top Brooklyn plumbing and heating company is looking for a new site manager for residential and commercial jobs.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a highly organized, driven and self-motivating individual. The ideal candidate has a minimum of 3 years of applied experience in the field of plumbing and heating, as well as a minimum of 3 years of leadership/management experience.
The pay range for this role is $60,000 – $110,000 depending on experience and knowledge.
This is a growth opportunity, with room to grow into the role and within the company.
Commercial plumbing experience is a plus.
Command of Spanish is a plus
Coordinating jobs from start to finish.
· Gathering all plans & permits needed to start & complete the job- with assistance from the office.
· Coordinate & scheduling start & finish dates with the operations manager.
· Anticipate, coordinate, scheduling crew needs, and scheduling completion dates.
· Reviewing plans & scope of work to understand all work needed for completion.
· Writing up punch lists and scheduling finishing crews.
· Coordinating requests and needs from contractors.
Coordinating Material Needs
· Make sure your foremen prepare material list(s) in advance of job start.
· Order and receive materials prior to job start. Always ensuring that material is onsite for active jobs.
· Special item orders (. Custom pumps should be spec’d out & ordered through the office or at the very least coordinated with the office, so they can follow up).
· Make sure items ordered for sites have receipts sent to the office for auditing.
Updates & job status updates
· Updating system with general work progress.
· Informing the office of change orders being requested and following up on approvals.
Time & tracking
· Making sure employees are punching in and out at the appropriate times.
· Make sure employees are entering the correct job addresses.
· Communicating with management and office about time tracking issues.
Resolving issues & taking responsibility
· Taking the initiative to take care of issues or challenges, solving the problems that arise instead of just letting someone else deal with them.
· Ensuring that employees work consistently, even when not under direct supervision
· Ensuring that crews have direction when the manager is temporarily not on the job.
· Ensure the job is known and clear to the foreman.
· Ensure that work being done is performed safely in compliance with safety protocol
· Motivating employees & ensuring that workers on site are working efficiently & expeditiously.
· As-built & schedule B reviews, with help of the office.
· Advise the office when we will be ready for inspections in order for inspections to be properly coordinated.
Skills needed: leadership, organization, problem solving,