Truck Driver - CDL-A
Permanent (Full time)
Unstoppable Earning Potential. Earn $80k+ your first year. $84k+ your second.
We're different and we like that. Our drivers do too.
Nussbaum Transportation Services was founded in 1945, with a single truck by Alden Nussbaum. Over the last 75 years, we've been building solid relationships with people and we owe our success to the quality of our drivers. Our hiring philosophy, and the reason so many drivers stay with us, is that we give you the most accurate picture of what driving for Nussbaum looks like from day one, ensuring there are no surprises and that we never fall short of your expectations.
We believe that the best drivers on the road deserve a smarter pay scale that gets them the most money for their mileage. We pay by practical miles rather than short miles and we bring it when it comes to accessorial pay and bonuses. We've been recognized as a Top Pay Carrier for offering a compensation package that ranks in the top 20% of the industry. Beyond great pay, we make sure our drivers get top-of-the-line equipment, consistent maintenance, and new-model trucks. You can also expect:
* $5,000 transition bonus for experienced OTR drivers
* $1,500 paid after the first week
* $1,500 paid after 3 months
* $2,000 paid after 6 months
* Home most weekends - it's one of our top priorities
* Guaranteed weekly paychecks
* Late-model trucks with the comforts of home built-in
* Major medical, dental and vision health benefits
* Short-term disability & life insurance benefits
* Rider program
* Escalating paid time off & holidays
* Company-matched 401K retirement plan
* Paid Parking - All Paid/Reserved Parking is reimbursed.
* Paid Orientation at Nussbaum Headquarters (we cover travel, a private hotel room, & on-duty meals)
What Do Our Benefits Mean for Your Bottom Line?
Let's get down to brass tacks! We offer minimum weekly guarantees, tenure increases, and performance increases. At Nussbaum, the sky's the limit when it comes to your earning potential. Base rates start at:
* With 6 months-2 years of experience:
* Weekly pay range: $1,375-$1,475
* $1,250/week minimum guaranteed
* $###### $70,000-$74,000 your first year (will increase from there)
* With 2-5 years of experience:
* Weekly pay range: $1,400-$1,500
* $1,250/week minimum guaranteed
* $###### $71,000-$75,000 your first year (will increase from there)
* With 5+ years of experience:
* Weekly pay range: $1,475-$1,600
* $1,300/week minimum guaranteed
* $###### $75,000-$80,000 your first year (will increase from there)
We also offer additional pay/benefits for the following activities:
* $17 per touch activity pay (worth an additional $###### $17 per stop (in excess of 1st pick-up and final delivery)
* $10 for a trailer swap on split loads or empty trailer moves
* $15/hour for detention (starts after just 1 hour!)
* $230/day for layovers and breakdowns
* Elite Pass - covers all tolls and scales
* EFS Card - daily coverage for fuel, additives, DEF, oil, windshield fluid, antifreeze, weigh scale fees, and more!
Prefer to Stay Out for 3 Weeks at a Time? Ask about our Road Warrior Program!
Are You an Experienced OTR Driver?
Start your career at Nussbaum on the Elite Driver Track.
If you have two years of recent experience, a clean driving record, and a mostly stable work history, you can earn more money in your first year at Nussbaum.
Our Elite Driver Track starts you at our highest starting base pay package. With a commitment to run consistently, a willing and able attitude, and a mindset on fuel efficiency, you'll earn $80,000+ your first year and be on the fast track to accelerate your earning potential from there.
And if you choose to participate in Nussbaum's Certified RED program, you'll be unstoppable in earning potential.
* Minimum age - 21
* No more than 3 moving violations or preventable accidents in past 3 years