Patient Registration Representative
Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Patient Registration Representative (1 FTE, Day SHIFT) to work in Patient Registration at Swedish First Hill in Seattle, WA.
Responsible and accountable for the coordination of information and support needed for the flow of patients in the Swedish Medical Center and Emergency Department environment. Provides front line customer service including reception and Registration. Responsible for the interviewing of patients and family to obtain required demographic and financial data, completing consents, escorting/directing patients and collecting valuables and deposits.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Greet and direct patients and visitors presenting to all patient access areas within Swedish Health Services.
- Work closely with patient, families, visitors, physicians, and staff to identify needs, answer questions, resolve problems, or provide other information. Exhibit exceptional compassion and sensitivity to all.
- Demonstrates Culture of Safety values in daily operations. Is a patient advocate. Identifies special needs of patients (. need for interpreter, wheelchair, too ill to wait at front desk) and communicate appropriately to assure safe patient care outcomes.
- Interview patients applying Patient Selection and Creation P & P and obtain patient demographic and insurance information. Document complete and accurate information in EPIC ADT application including coverage eligibility, scanning and PCP information. Dispense patient information brochures.
- Performs timely and accurate registration, sign-in/check-in functionality notification of patient arrival of all patient types.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Associate's Degree
- 2 years experience in a medical setting with inpatient or outpatient admitting
- Patient Registration or financial counseling or insurance and medical terminology experience
About the First Hill Campus:
The 697-bed tertiary-care center on the Swedish/First Hill campus is the flagship of the Swedish health-care system. Swedish/First Hill has one of the most active and advanced birthing programs in Washington State and houses a Level III neonatal intensive-care unit. More surgeries are performed each year at Swedish/First Hill than at any other facility in the region; volumes include more total joint replacements than any other medical center in the state.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
Our Mission is to improve the health and well-being of each person we serve.
Our Vision is Health for a Better World.
Swedish is the largest not-for-profit health care system in the greater Seattle area. It is comprised of five hospital campuses (First Hill, Cherry Hill, Ballard, Edmonds and Issaquah); emergency rooms and specialty center in Redmond (East King County) and the Mill Creek area in Everett; and Swedish Medical Group, a network of more than 128 primary care and specialty care locations throughout the greater Puget Sound area. Swedish employs nearly 13,000 caregivers (all employees), including nearly 1,400 providers. Whether through physician clinics, education, research and innovation or other outreach, we're committed to caring for the people in our region and beyond. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Patient Services
Work Locations: First Hill Main Bldg (WA145) 747 Broadway Seattle, 98122
Req ID: 318072
!\ \ !\ \ !\ \ !\ \ !\ \
Our nonprofit Mission is clear: to improve the health and well-being of each patient we serve.
We take care of everyone in our Greater Seattle community – including the uninsured or underinsured – and we make investments that improve access to care in living our Vision of “health for a better world.” As one of our caregivers, your resilience and passion make our Mission a reality. In turn, we do our part to recognize and celebrate your achievements every day, empowering you to help others and grow in your career with us.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion
Diversity Equity and Inclusion (DEI) is central to our mission. We engage in ongoing, robust recruitment practices for all levels and departments to bring the best and brightest talent to Swedish, prioritizing diversity in race, culture, gender identity or expression and sexual orientation, background, experience, talent and thought.
We foster an inclusive workplace where caregivers of differing backgrounds and perspectives can experience a community of mutual respect, inclusivity and collegiality, and know unequivocally that diversity is valued.
Benefits and Rewards
You are valued as a Swedish caregiver.
You strive towards health for all every day, and we value that drive to achieve. In return, we do everything we can to support you and your family. Learn more about our benefits (###### benefits-rewards).
Our family of organizations
Swedish is an affiliate of Providence. We are a diverse network of organizations and offer a large variety of locations, services and specialties to match your career aspirations.
The Providence family includes:
- Providence across five western states (/)
- Covenant Health in West Texas (/)
- Facey Medical Foundation in Los Angeles, CA (/)
- Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian in Orange County, CA (/)
- Kadlec in Southeast Washington (/)
- Pacific Medical Centers in Seattle, WA (/)
- Swedish Health Services in Seattle, WA (/)