2021 Fall Internship Development Program - Supervision Intern
St. Petersburg, Florida
Permanent (Full time)
Raymond James Supervision supports business units by managing activity/account review, product oversight, escalation/approvals, and governance. Supervision partners closely with the business to proactively manage risk and develop appropriate review processes. Positions in Supervision cover a wide range of roles such as field supervision, trade review, product review, international business oversight, financial and strategic analysis, and metrics and reporting. Potential placements for interns within Supervision might include, but are not limited to, the following:
Transformation and Strategy
Transformation and Strategy ("T&S") is responsible for the Strategy and Finance, Project Management, Program and Change Management, and Supervision Systems Management teams within Supervision. T&S works with management, business areas, and supervision teams to map out, define and develop strategic priorities and vision and improve the efficiency and execution of the supervisory program. T&S also partners with other Supervision teams to ensure that projects are on track while developing initiatives to better align with the firm.
Cross Border Strategy and Oversight
Cross Border business includes all activities with clients, prospects, and/or other business partners (. vendors) who are residing in or are physically located outside of the . The Cross Border team provides strategic international business guidance and first-line supervision over trading, new account openings, and travel with regard to our international business to ensure compliance with Raymond James Cross Border policies.
Product Supervision provides expertise in supervising both pre-trade and post-trade reviews related to investment products. Responsible for conducting suitability reviews, trade approvals, and monitoring for specialized products such as Alternatives, Options, Structured Investments, and for traditional products such as Annuities, Insurance, Mutual Funds, Exchange Traded Products (ETPs), and Unit Investment Trusts (UITs).
Under general supervision, uses skills gained through training and experience to assist with building supervisory processes, teams, and initiatives. Follows established procedures to perform tasks and receives general guidance and direction to perform other work with substantial variety and varied complexity, with latitude for independent thinking and problem-solving. Some judgment is required to adapt procedures, processes, and techniques to more complex assignments and provide unique solutions. Resolves routine questions and problems and collaborates with department leaders on more complex issues. Routine contact with internal and external customers may be required to exchange information and ideas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Specified projects and varied assignments.
- Assists with implementation of Supervision strategy (people, process, governance, and technology).
- Build, develop and maintain data models, reporting systems, dashboards, and performance metrics, which will support Supervision.
- Assists in researching Supervision issues and performing product, trade, communication, and international reviews.
- Works with audit, compliance, risk, and other control areas to review processes and standards.
- Coordinates with various internal partners to obtain information for research, analysis, and risk reviews.
- Shadow associates performing supervisory functions.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of a professional office environment.
- Basic concepts, principles, and practices of an assigned business unit.
- Operating standard office equipment and using, or have the ability to learn, required software applications.
- Microsoft Office Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Preferred basic knowledge of the financial services industry
- Organize and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
- Provide a high level of customer service.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
- Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
- Currently pursuing a four-year degree at an accredited university.
- Rising Sophomore, Junior, or Senior preferred.
- Open to Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business, or any other related College of Business major.
Licenses/Certifications: None Required.
Job: Auditing & Compliance
Primary Location: US-FL-St. Petersburg-Saint Petersburg
Job Shift Day Job
Req ID: 2102191