Permanent (Full time)
Job Description Summary
Participates in a residency core curriculum based on their individual learning needs. Provides direct nursing care, alongside a coach, in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Participates in a residency core curriculum based on their individual learning needs.
- Provides direct nursing care, alongside a coach, in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Establishes and/or revises priorities for patient care activities based on the following: acuity of need, patient preference, and resource availability.
- Initiates and/or maintains interventions to assure continuity of safe/effective care for patients.
- Responds to data indicating risk to individual's health and initiates action to correct, reduce, or prevent the risk.
- Seeks supervision, consultation, assistance when unable to perform safely and independently.
- Complies with established hospital/department personnel policies.
- Uses communication strategies in order to achieve desirable outcomes.
- Documents in patient's medical record according to established guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing.
- BSN preferred
- Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA).
- If in an ED, Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through American Heart Association (AHA) upon hire or within one year of beginning work in the Emergency Department.
- Any registered nurse or advanced practice nurse must obtain a cancer specific certification or demonstrate ongoing qualifying education within the timeframe of the facilities accreditation cycle, if they work in medical oncology, radiation oncology, cancer center or cancer clinic and/or administer chemotherapy within an accredited Cleveland Clinic facility.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- New grad or less than one year RN work experience or if experience RN moving from non-inpatient to acute direct care clinical inpatient setting with less than one year current acute direct patient care RN experience.
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patient, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Requires working under stressful conditions and irregular hours.
- Exposure to communicable diseases and/or body fluids.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required for procedures.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
Schedule: Full Time