Registered Nurse RN Float Pool
Permanent (Full time)
Description SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Are you passionate about delivering superior, patient-centered care? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a Float Pool RN today with Lee's Summit Medical Center (/) .
At LSMC, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
* * Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
* Student Loan Repayment
* Paid Personal Leave
* 401k (100% annual match 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
* Identity Theft Protection discounts
* Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
* Adoption Assistance
* Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
The Life of an HCA Nurse
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Registered Nurse like you to be a part of our team.
Float pool nurses are in a unique position to make a difference. Moving from assignment to assignment, they support various units within the hospital. They have high-level critical thinking skills, vast clinical knowledge, and are able to stay calm under pressure.
About this unit:
* Excellent communication and teamwork between all members of the hospital
* Opportunity to learn many different areas of the hospital
* Amazing leadership from top down, great develop opportunities.
* Under the general direction of the Director, Manager or Nurse Manager, Registered Nurse (RN) coordinates and provides patient care and assumes individual responsibility and accountability for the provision of nursing care.
* Registered Nurse (RN) provides nursing care is in accordance with hospital policies and procedures, applicable state Nursing Practice Acts, ANA Standards of Practice and the generic and unit structure standards.
* BSN Preferred
* Current state of Missouri RN licensure required. . If only a multistate RN license is provided upon hire, a MO RN license will be required within 90 days of employment.
* BLS certification required at hire and maintained.
* ACLS required within 6 months
* NIH Stroke Scale certification required within 90 days of hire and annually within the fiscal year.
* Shall document a minimum of eight (8) hours of cerebrovascular (stroke) related continuing nursing education per fiscal year.
* Shall be credentialed in trauma care (TNCC) within one 6 months of assignment documenting a minimum of eight (8) hours of trauma related continuing nursing education per year.
* 1-2 years of previous experience preferred.
* Prior experience in a similar size facility with similar services provided is preferred.
* Previous emergency, pre-hospital or critical care preferred.
Lees Summit Medical Center serves Lees Summit, Missouri, and surrounding areas. The 80 -bed advanced technology facility is both a Joint Commission Chest Pain Certified Hospital and a Joint Commission Certified Primary Stroke Center. LSMC is an affiliate of HCA Healthcare.
Additional features include:
* Emergency Department with 14 private treatment rooms;
* Orthopedic and Spine Center,
* Level II stroke designation
* Cardiovascular services with a cardiac catheterization lab, cardiac rehabilitation, vascular surgery and more;
* Rehabilitation services with physical, occupational and speech therapy and sports medicine;
* Womens services;
* Surgical service, including bariatrics, orthopedics, colorectal and robotic assisted procedures; imaging services;
* The Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at Lee's Summit Medical Center.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $ billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Companys recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here (mailto:######) .
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at######### option 1.