Associate Director, Cloud Architect
Permanent (Full time)
Business Title: Associate Director, Cloud Architect
Requisition Number: 72241 - 27
Function: Business Support Services
Area of Interest: Information Technology
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking an Associate Director, Cloud Architect to join our Digital Nexus technology organization. This role is a remote work opportunity.
- Partner with other Architecture teams to develop solution designs and review alternative solutions for best fit
- Strategize with customers to develop solutions based on a variety of criteria including a clear description of services, functionality, scalability, future-proofing, and cost
- Lead pre-production readiness efforts, POCs, lab testing, and knowledge transfer; worked with engineering teams to accelerate software delivery
- Implement cloud computing architecture solutions that address cloud security and compliance fundamentals, deployment automation and elastic sizing of environments, and multi-tenant implications
- Deliver Infrastructure, Platform and Software as a Service solutions using Azure, AWS, and open source technologies such as Chef and Jenkins
- Adapt to changing priorities and thrive in very dynamic environment with multi stakeholders from multiple lines of businesses that may having competing needs; Maintain deep technical and business knowledge of industry directions and trends in the area of cloud security
- Minimum eight years of experience in cloud architecture, security architecture, operational and monitoring, preferably within a large enterprise, government, financial services firm or similar environment
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Designing, implementing, and operating secure architecture and reference architectures in public cloud
- Expertise in core infrastructure services such as DNS, DHCP, network routing, and security group/firewall management. Extensive working knowledge of Azure/AWS/Google products and services
- Detailed understanding of secure network and application design concepts and a demonstrated ability to integrate security tools with IT infrastructure such as proxies, mail servers, Active Directory, Identity and Access controls, workstations and mobile devices
- Excellent verbal/written communication, collaboration, analytical and presentation skills to lead an environment driven by customer service and team work; Must be able to set goals and participate in strategic initiatives for a team; and foster the development of high performance teams and interface with all levels of the organization; Ability to participate in development of resource plans and structures and influence organizational priorities
- US Citizenship is required; This role is a remote work opportunity; candidates must be able to perform work during the Eastern or Central time zones regular business hours
KPMG LLP (the . member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link ( ... contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.