Diesel Maintenance Tech (Mobile) 1st Shift
Permanent (Full time)
Diesel Maintenance Tech (Mobile) Overview:
1st Shift M-F 7:00am - 5:30pm
Apply Now for up to $7500 Sign-on Bonus
The Skyland, NC Diesel Maintenance Tech (Mobile) is responsible for repairing and maintaining all medium to heavy duty customer vehicles and equipment which includes routinely performing preventative maintenance and corrective maintenance to ensure efficient vehicle operations. The Diesel Maintenance Tech (Mobile) will operate a company owned service vehicle to visit customers and conduct service repairs onsite. Service repairs may include but are not limited to equipment such as forklifts, trailers and tractors. Diesel Maintenance Techs (Mobile) will also be responsible for making road calls as needed. The duties for the Diesel Maintenance Tech (Mobile) will be performed independently, with little to no supervision. Diesel Maintenance Tech (Mobile) will also be responsible for mentoring Diesel Maintenance Techs (C), as needed. Must be equipped with personal tool box.
Basic knowledge and understanding of repairing or replacing all structural, body and mechanic parts of a trailer. Must possess basic computer entry (PC) skills.
* Diesel/automotive trade school diploma (+) 3 years previous experience in heavy duty trailer maintenance or 3-5 years verifiable experience in heavy duty trailer maintenance.
* DOT Brake/Annual inspector certified.
* Proficient welding and metal fabrication skills.
* Diagnose and repair or replace lights, wiring and GPS tracking system.
* Diagnose and repair ABS and air brake systems.
* Must complete all required paperwork, adhere to and maintain a high level of housekeeping.
* Ability to maintain parts inventory process.
* Basic computer skills.
* Basic truck driving skills.
* Operate with minimal supervision.
* Professional/appropriate interaction with internal & external customers
* Adhere to all Red Classic safety guidelines
* Competitive pay based on years of experience
* Career Advancement Opportunities
* Paid Weekly/ Direct Deposit
* Vacation & Holiday Pay
* Annual Safety Bonus Opportunity
* Outstanding Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits (Eligible after 90 days)