Retail - Key Holder - Chicago Airports
Hanover Park, Illinois
Permanent (Full time)
Located at Chicago Airports
Grow With Us!
Hudson is North America's leading travel retailer. For over 30 years, Hudson has met the needs and wants of travelers in more than 1,000 duty-free, duty-paid, and food & beverage stores. We couldn't serve our customers, landlords, and partners in airports, commuter terminals, hotels, and casinos without the continued support of our greatest assets: our team members. We're dedicated to hiring and training exceptional team members, who are committed to serving the customer as the Traveler's Best Friend. We strive to ensure we're fulfilling our team members' career potentials through training, skills-development, and career pathways - as our team members grow and succeed both personally and professionally, so does Hudson.
What We Will Offer You:
* A 20% off Hudson Employee Discount
* A 50% off Hudson Food & Beverage Discount
This Operations Manager Job Is For You, If You Would Enjoy:
* Assisting the General Manager in executing the day-to-day activities in support of the strategic planning initiatives to ensure a productive and profitable operation
* Helping to promote an overall corporate image of excellence through strong work ethic, leadership by example
* Providing consistent delivery of excellent customer service and store visual presentation
* Working at the Chicago O'Hare International Airport
Your Team is counting on you as an Operations Manager to:
* Provide flexibility to work any shift, any day of the week, including weekends & holidays
* Work a full-time schedule
Operations Manager Job Duties:
* Assist the General Manager in maximizing sales and profits by meeting and exceeding sales budgets while minimizing shrink.
* Assists the General Manager in recruiting and developing quality staff at all levels. Provides input to location succession planning.
* Provides leadership, effective management and training for staff.
* Ensures communications from home office and the General Manager is delivered to all staff levels.
* Ensures full adherence to all company policies and procedures.
* Implements and enforces controls that protect the company's assets from internal and external shrink.
* Ensures over-all floor coaching and supervision is delivered consistently to ensure excellent customer service.
* Completes on a timely basis all administrative work as assigned by the General Manager, (. scheduling, back office administration).
* Performs daily/ weekly operational audits.
* Ensures adherence to all promotional programs and reports deficiencies in compliance to the General Manager.
* Demonstrates excellent product knowledge and visual merchandising skills
* Performs daily inspections in each store to ensure company standards in visual presentation, stock replenishment and housekeeping are maintained.
* Fulfills all responsibilities of General Manager in his/her absence including responsiveness to landlord and home office requests.
* Leadership qualities and demonstrated organizational skills.
* Excellent time-management skills and problem solving abilities.
* Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to interact with diverse personalities.
* Ability to multi-task.
* Able to lift up to 40 lbs.
* Able to stand and walk throughout the shift
* High School Diploma or Equivalent; Associates degree or above preferred
* Have a Driver's License
* Two years of previous retail management experience. Multi-store management experience required for multi-store locations
Some of our company-offered benefits for you and your family include:
* Health & Well Being: Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
* Paid Time Off
* Various Personal and Parental Leave Programs
* Universal Life Insurance
* Retirement Programs & Matching Employee Contributions: 401K & RRSP
* Employee Recognition & Anniversary Programs
* Training, Development, and Growth Opportunities
* Tuition Assistance & Scholarship Programs
For additional information on our benefits, please visit: ###### is an Equal Opportunity Employer of all qualified individuals. All employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, military leave or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. We are committed to creating an inclusive workplace in which we value diversity and unique experiences, backgrounds and identities.
All offers are contingent upon successful completion and passing of background checks and/or employment verification results. AF123
Note to staffing agencies: Please do not contact Hudson (including the recruitment team or any hiring managers) regarding this position with candidates. If assistance is needed in filling any position for Hudson, a member of our recruiting team will reach out directly.