Application Security Engineer
Permanent (Full time)
Application Security Engineer
Location: Remote United States
The security of customers data and systems is of paramount importance to Dell Technologies. Our Product and Application Security team designs and develops software and systems to minimize security risks within our products. As experts working at the forefront of security, we undertake vulnerability response handling, implement the secure development lifecycle, coordinate security certifications, and develop common software security components and toolkits. As well as ensuring the authenticity and integrity of the product code during product development, we mitigate risks of sourcing and delivery of counterfeit or maliciously tainted components in our products.
Join us as an Application Security Engineeron our Product & Application Security team located in the United States to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What youll achieve
As an Application Security Engineer, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the security of our IT as-a-Service portfolio using industry best practices. You will join Dells Product and Application Security Organization as a member of our Secure Development Lifecycle (SDL) delivery team which is responsible for a strategic program to build demonstrably resilient software across Dells diverse product and technology portfolio. In this role, you will have the opportunity to partner with Dell engineering teams to help them secure innovative products built to operate as part of Dell Technologies Cloud Platform.
- Act as a trusted advisor to product teams, providing practical advice on secure design, coding and testing with a focus on cloud technologies, practices and processes
- Create threat models for new and existing software, assess vulnerabilities and provide mitigation recommendations to engineers
- Correlate information from a variety of tools and engineering processes to identify security insights, and opportunities to increase resiliency from a wide range of attacks
- Establish security requirements for cloud-based solutions by evaluating business strategies and requirements
- Provide domain expertise in container security and public cloud technology
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Heres what we are looking for with this role:
- Understanding of common security vulnerabilities as described in the OWASP Top 10 and SANS 25 as well as their remediation
- Proven track record in secure development practices such as threat modeling, secure design, secure code review/assessments, and the use of static and dynamic analysis tools in a product security engineering environment
- Understanding of cloud security controls and the specific challenges in securing cloud-based solutions
- Understanding and ability to communicate the techniques, tactics and practices of an attacker to engineers and business stakeholders who are part of a globally dispersed team
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Security or related field with 8+ years experience; or equivalent experience
- Industry certifications: GIAC, CISA and/or CISSP, CSSLP
- Container security (Docker and/or Kubernetes) is a plus
Heres our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. Were proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
Whats most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didnt stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of whats next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here .
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here .