Senior Media Systems Engineer I
Monterey Park, North Carolina
Permanent (Full time)
Be involved in designing state of the art broadcast facilities for a global company that is at the forefront of technology. In this position, special emphasis is placed on design and implementation of all of DMEDs content acquisition, origination and distribution systems. A Senior Systems Engineer is an experienced broadcast/IT professional who designs and documents upgrades and changes DMEDs daily Multi-Platform content systems. This person is also responsible for new system designs and implementation of such systems. This includes specifying the hardware and software to meet the production departments needs as well as managing the roll out of new equipment and systems
- Responsible for the design and implementation of DMEDs content creation, distribution and related facilities. The scope of which will include core routing, intercom, playout and distribution systems, new equipment or equipment upgrades, facility relocation, and facility redesign
- Take lead role in facility design, layout, evaluation of equipment alternatives, and equipment selection and configuration.
- Implement solutions for content creation, manipulation, encoding/transcoding and distribution. This may include non-linear edit systems, video servers, storage solutions, file acquisition, file transcode, file transfer, media asset management and automation systems.
- Plays a lead role in equipment procurement, including specification development, capital budget conformance, and technical specification verification
- Oversees and coordinates the construction of facilities and the installation of new equipment, including collaborating closely with installation engineers, equipment manufacturers and vendors, installation service contractors, electronic maintenance engineers, technical operations staff, and others involved in the projects.
- Monitors facility/equipment manufacturers and vendors to ensure compliance with design specifications and contractual agreements
- Monitors project progress and takes corrective action as necessary to keep projects on track
- Ensures that completed facilities and installed equipment meet industry specifications and operate as intended.
- Assists Support, Technical and Transmission operations departments in developing training programs for people who will be operating the new facilities and help resolve complex technical issues and problems.
- Collaborates closely with DMED and Operations management and key staff to assess facility needs
- Develops project plans, schedules, and budgets
- Collaborates closely with equipment manufacturers and vendors to understand the range of equipment that might be relevant to DTCIs broadcasting facilities and operations
- Communicates with system design engineers to understand the requirements of selected hardware platforms
- Maintains relationships with other technical DMED Operations groups
- Maintains and builds new vendor relationships
- Provides project status updates to stakeholders and management
- Gathers, organizes and updates requirements of assigned tasks and projects.
- Presents solutions to peers, Technology management and customers.
Minimum of 5 years of experience with RF principles, fiber optics, and baseband video and digital compression and transport systems.
Knowledge of file transfer acceleration technologies and techniques. Understanding of video audio/video encoding/transcoding techniques and formats.
Proficiency in AutoCAD.
Working knowledge of LANs, WANs, Routers, Firewalls, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, HTTP, UDP, SSL, and SNMP.
Experience with Java, servlets and web applications.
Oracle SQL Experience , MySQL experience.
Excellent communication and organizational skills
Project Management skills
Bachelors degree OR equivalent relevant experience in broadcast facilities design and documentation is preferred.
Bachelors degree in Engineering or Computer Science