Registered Nurse Adult Psychiatric Eval Area - Sign On Bonus
North Hickory, North Carolina
Permanent (Full time)
Do you want to be appreciated daily? Our nurses are celebrated for being on the front line, empathetic for patients. At Mission Health, our nurses set us apart from any other healthcare provider. We are seeking Registered Nurse in our Psychiatric Evaluation Area (PEA) to join our healthcare family.
This is a full-time, night shift position.
Eligible for $10,000 sign-on bonus for offers accepted by 12/31/2021. Payout is in the first paycheck with a 2 year commitment to Mission Health
Only new hires eligible for sign-on bonus; prior employees have to be separated from Mission for at least 1 year to be re-eligible for sign-on.
Current HCA employees and those employed by HCA anytime in the last 1 year are not eligible to receive the sign on bonus
The Psychiatric Evaluation Area (PEA) at HCA Mission Hospital serves patients who have been medically cleared from the Emergency Department. Nurses who work in the PEA participate in ED orientation and should be able to work a code blue and rapid response. BLS and PALS certifications are required by the end of the orientation period. Strong medical nursing skills would be an asset for this position. This is a fast-paced, team-based nursing unit that provides an opportunity for nurses to apply critical-thinking skills, to complete initial assessments, to gather information for report-out to providers, and to always advocate for the patient.
We are committed to providing benefits that matter to nurses. At Mission Health, our benefits package offers eligible colleagues an attractive package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
401k retirement plan
Identify Theft Protection
Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
Student loan assistance program
Employee discount program and lots more!
At Mission Health, our nurses play a vital part. We know that every nurses path and purpose is unique. Do you want to create your own personal career path in nursing? HCA Healthcare is your career destination! Our scale makes it possible for nurses to create the career path that fits their life for life and empowers their passion for patient care. Apply today for our RN Psych Evaluation Area opportunity.
Job Summary and Qualifications:
* Provides leadership which facilitates the delivery of professional nursing care for the comfort and well-being of patients.
* Utilizes the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation, to provide, delegate, supervise and document care and teaching of patients and family.
* Implements medically prescribed interventions.
What qualifications you will need:
* Required Education: Bachelor of Science in Nursing. Effective 3/1/18 Bachelor of Science in Nursing OR enroll in a BSN or advanced degree program within 6 months AND obtain a BSN within 4 years of hire date into RN position. Previous signed BSN commitment letter OR grandfathering will be accepted between departments and Mission Health entities. Exemptions may be approved with CNO System Council approval.
* Required License or Certifications: Must have and maintain current licensure as registered nurse with the North Carolina Board of Nursing. eNLC (Enhanced Nurse License Compact) license may apply, licensee should confirm with NCBON Certificate: BLS Healthcare Provider.
* Required Experience: One-year hospital nursing experience required for Registered Nurse positions, please see Preferred Experience for additional department-specific experience needed for this position.
* Preferred Experience: Prior experience in behavioral health nursing, conducting initial assessments/admissions, experience working in the ED.
Mission Health, an operating division of HCA Healthcare, is based in Asheville, North Carolina, and is the states sixth largest health system. Mission Health is consistently named one of the nations Top 15 Health Systems by IBM Watson Health and is the only health system in North Carolina to achieve this recognition. Mission Health operates six hospitals, numerous outpatient and surgery centers, post-acute care provider CarePartners, long-term acute care provider Asheville Specialty Hospital and the regions only dedicated Level II trauma center. With approximately 12,000 colleagues and 2,000 volunteers, Mission Health is dedicated to improving the health and wellness of the people of western North Carolina.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $ billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."
- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr. HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our
Registered Nurse Psychiatric Eval Area opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.