Sr. Software Engineer: Full Stack
Bird in Hand, PA
Permanent (Full time)
We are looking for a Senior level full stack Software Engineer with expert knowledge in building micro-service based cloud systems and a minimum of 10 years of hands-on experience with modern development framework and tools.
As a Sr. Software Engineer you will have the opportunity to drive architectural and design decisions that will help us build our next generation healthcare platform for Payer services. You will guide and mentor other team members on micro-services architecture best practices, Domain-Driven Design, cloud best practices while making sure that all our software is built with performance, usability, security and scalability in mind.
This role will be a good fit for you if you are passioned about delivering compelling experiences for your end-users, embracing end-to-end ownership and collaborating in a cross-functional environment with your colleagues in engineering, product, design and business. You will also be a great fit if you enjoy full-stack development, but tend to get more excited about the back-end, service architecture and domain driven design.
- Drive the development of new features, deliver the micro-services and back-end related functionality and collaborate with front-end engineers on building the necessary user interfaces
- Continuously refactor the codebase to ensure maintainability, testability and performance
- Develop appropriate unit, integration and end to end tests for the features delivered in a sprint
- Actively perform code reviews and help evolve our code review guidelines to ensure quality code is shipped
- Work closely with Product Management and other stakeholders to ensure that the features delivered are meeting our customer needs
- Mentor other engineers on a variety of topics like micro-services best practices, domain-driven design, CI/CD pipeline automation and cloud best practices
- Provide continuous feedback, identify process improvement opportunities, openly communicate and collaborate to enhance team capabilities
- Proven full-stack development experience building enterprise grade applications, preferably using AWS cloud
- Solid understanding of micro-service architecture, Domain Driven Design and advanced design patterns
- Solid understanding and enterprise project experience using at least two modern programming languages such as Java, Go, C /.Net Core or Python.
- Understanding of React and NodeJS eco-system
- Understanding of data modeling and database theory (ACID, CAP etc.)
- Experience modelling real world data in both RDBMS(Postgres, SQL Server or equivalent) and NoSQL (MongoDB, DynamoDB, Redis or equivalent) persistence layers
- Experience building complex, scalable, performant, secure and reliable cloud native systems
- Experience working with AWS and automating the supporting application infrastructure
- Experience building automated CI/CD pipelines using tools like Git, Azure DevOps or equivalent
- Strong understanding of Agile methodologies
- Strong problem analysis and problem solving skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with HIPAA compliance and the security of PHI data is a plus
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
As a federal contractor, Change Healthcare is adhering to the Executive Order which mandates vaccination. As such, we are requiring all . new hires and employees to show proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or receive an approved accommodation by their date of hire, as a condition of employment.
As we continue to navigate the ever-changing COVID-19 pandemic, we remain committed to doing our part to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of our team members and our communities. Proof of vaccination or accommodations requests will be collected once an offer is accepted with Change Healthcare. All accommodation requests will be carefully considered but are not guaranteed to be approved.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at ###### and the supplemental information at ###### .
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to ###### with "Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation" as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here ###### to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change Healthcares Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information .
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.