Team Leader, Analytics - US Remote Eligible
St. Louis, MO
Permanent (Full time)
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work.
A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team's ability to build deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help . and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
Firm Analytics partners with business areas to provide analytical and financial insights for firm decision making and strategic planning. Business Intelligence and Analytics utilize advanced data manipulation techniques and tools in their expertise of sourcing and transforming of data that provide actionable insights.
- Manage a team of analysts that work with all divisions of the firm to conduct and deliver accurate analysis to all levels of the firm to make critical business decisions in the US and Canada.
- Maintain an analytic process that has credibility at all levels of the firm which requires strong understanding of quality control, standard procedures, statistical methods, and strong communication skills.
- Identify, extract, interpret and integrate statistical analysis of client data to support business decisions regarding firm initiatives.
- Work with various business leaders at all levels of the firm and financial advisors to understand business questions or problems and recommend an appropriate analytical approach to assist with decision-making process.
- Communicate across a wide range of audiences with specialized subject matter expertise including data providers, marketing leaders, product leaders, financial advisors, and technology professionals.
- Support direct marketing efforts in terms of targeting, analysis and measurements, data file preparation and system functionality. Includes direct mail, statement inserts, newsletters and statement messages.
- Query data warehouse to access appropriate information using advanced SQL skills to create complex queries that are written efficiently to pull data from many tables with various structures.
- Summarize and communicate analytical results and recommendations to wide range of audiences at all levels of the firm with various levels of specialized subject matter expertise.
- Collaborate with internal data providers and outside vendors to enhance data availability and usability within the data warehouse. Includes creating requirements, test plans and data validation.
- Develop a strong understanding of the various product types offered through Edward Jones and how each fits within an individual investor's needs.
- Provide senior thought leadership to solve "new" problems via designing approach and executing on that approach
- Design, oversee and lead in the creation, development and management of models.
- Undergraduate degree required, preferably in the areas of finance, business or information systems. Advanced degree is a plus.
- 7+ years general business experience in marketing, finance, data analytics, or information systems fields highly preferred.
- Ability to lead team of analysts, prioritize multiple analytic projects from all areas of the firm.
- Excellent analytical thinking skills and knowledge of statistical processes required
- An understanding of relational database architectures and data elements.Â Experience with Oracle SQL proficiency required.
- Ability to work effectively both autonomously and in a team environment.
Technical proficiency in the following:
An understanding of relational database architectures and data elements
Writing queries in Oracle SQL (Microsoft Access and Hyperion preferred but not required)
Proficiency with MS Excel required, including ability to utilize pivot tables, formulas, charting, VLookups. VBA skills a plus.
Demonstrated ability to use IBM Modeler, R, Python and/or or SAS Enterprise Miner
Can use one scripting language (Python, SAS, R)
Experience apply the following methods in real world applications:Â univariate and bi-variate statistics, association methods including but not limited to GRI & CARMA, CART, CHAID, bagged and boosted decision trees, linear regression, logistic regression, baysian modeling, neural networks, times series analysis including but not limited to Box-Jenkin, Support Vector Machines, survival analysis, K-nearest neighbors
Experienced in various cluster techniques in real world business applications, including k-means, factorial analysis, discriminate analysis
Ability to work with large data sets (Hadoop)
Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with ability to present complex data in an understandable and concise format, appropriate for end-user audience.
Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects along with recurring responsibilities. Project management skills helpful with ability to formulate, define and execute tasks towards completion of project objectives and timeline.
Working knowledge of financial products and services highly preferred.
Persons requiring sponsorship for an employment visa are ineligible for this position
- FORTUNE 2020 Edward Jones was named No. 7 on the 2020 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® list.
- From FORTUNE ©2020 FORTUNE Media IP Limited. All rights reserved. Used under license. FORTUNE and FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For are registered trademarks of Fortune Media IP Limited and are used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or services of, Edward Jones Investments.
- Edward Jones Ranked No. 6 of the 100 best workplaces for millennials by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE Magazine.
- 2020 Corporate Equality Index Edward Jones joins the ranks of 680 major businesses that received top marks in the HRC Foundations 18th Annual Scorecard on LBGTQ Workplace Equality
- Edward Jones named a top company for training, ranking No. 25 on Training magazine's 2020 Training Top 125 list the highest ranking among the financial-services industry!
- Financial services firm Edward Jones has been named one of the 2019 Best Workplaces for Parents by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE magazine. The firm ranked No. 5 on the list of 50 companies, up two spots from last year.
- The Best Workplaces for Parents list is one of a series of rankings by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE based on employee feedback from Great Place to Work-Certified organizations. Edward Jones ranked No. 7 on the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work for in 2019 list, the firms 20th appearance on the list. The firm also was ranked the No. 1 Best Workplace in Financial Services & Insurance and the No. 6 Best Workplace for Millennials by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE.
Edward Jones does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
At Edward Jones, we value and respect our associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career, financial security and well-being. Visit our career site to learn more about our total compensation approach, which in addition to base salary, typically includes benefits, bonuses and profit sharing. The salary range for this role is based on national data and actual pay is based on skills, experience, education, and other relevant factors for a potential new associate:
Salary: $105753 - $180067