Trauma Nurse Clinician (RN)
Permanent (Full time)
SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Trauma Nurse Clinician
Part time nights shift
Kendall Regional Medical Center
Kendall Regional Medical Center is a 417-bed, full-service, acute hospital providing 24-hour comprehensive care in the community including trauma, burn, surgical, womens and childrens services, behavioral health and diagnostic services, along with two full service free-standing ER facilities, one in Doral and the other at The Palms Town & Country.
Located in west Miami-Dade County, Kendall Regional Medical Center has received the Distinguished Hospital Award for Overall Clinical Excellence from HealthGrades. This national recognition places us in the top 5% of hospitals in the nation for overall clinical quality. We are a Level I Adult and Pediatric Trauma Center certified by the Florida Department of Health and verified as a Level I Adult Trauma Center by the American College of Surgeons. Kendall is certified as a Thrombectomy-Capable Stroke Center by the Joint Commission and we are one out of only five American Burn Association verified Burn Centers in the state. With six ACGME accredited Graduate Medical Education programs Kendall strives to be a leading community-based research hospital.
Why not join our team at Kendall Regional Medical Center where you will experience a dynamic career with a hospital that continues to reward clinical professionals for their commitment and provide growth opportunities while encouraging you to enjoy a healthy lifestyle outside of work in a culturally diverse and friendly community?
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Kendall Regional Medical Center we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment*
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs*
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)*
*If applicable, please refer to the CBA or the local HR office to confirm if this benefit applies to your position.
The Trauma Nurse Clinician provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies and procedures of Kendall Regional Medical Center and Trauma Services. The TMC will assume the role Trauma 1 (T-1) nurse, which will be primary bedside trauma nurse and/or will alternate to the Trauma 2 (T-2) nurse, which is primarily responsible for Trauma documentation and assist T 1 as needed with bedside care. This position will not assume primary care of any patient in the emergency dept. other than those patients identified as a trauma consult, trauma transfer, or trauma alert.
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the state of Florida or Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provisions).
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and certification within 1 year of hire.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and certification within 1 year of hire.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Pediatric Life Support Course (PALS) and certification within 1 year of hire.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing. Additional languages preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- 2 years ED or ICU nursing experience required.
- Trauma experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree of Nursing preferred.
- TNCC, ENPC, ATCN within 1 year of hire.
- TCRN within 2 years of hire.
Our Companys recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here (mailto:######).
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at######### option 1.