Technical Sales Specialist
Permanent (Full time)
The Biosciences Division (BID) is a $ billion business with 4,000+ employees across the globe. Our team serves 480,000 customers with 70,000 products in 180 countries. The majority of the business comes from academic and government funded customers, with the rest of the business coming from the pharmaceutical, biotech and healthcare industries as well as from the industrial market. With more than 4,000 patents, over 770,000 scientific citations and 70,000 products, BID is grounded in science.
How will you make an impact?
As a Technical Sales Specialist , you will be responsible for sales and related support activities for Thermo Fisher Scientific Life Science Solutions Group, Biosciences Division, Protein & Cell Analysis Flow Cytometry Reagent products to specified academic, government or industrial accounts comprising the assigned territory in northern California
- Develop and execute on sales strategies that align to the bioscience division strategy, with a focus on flow cytometry reagents
- Identify and evaluate potential new business opportunities to sell the Company's products and capabilities to Research, Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical customers.
- Initiate and develop productive client relationships in multiple functions (., flow cytometry core, procurement, laboratory manager, bench researcher) with client accounts and at multiple levels within them (graduate student, scientist, project manager, principal investigators and executive levels), as may be necessary.
- Achieve or exceed sales quota and objectives, while maintaining profitability and ensuring 100% customer satisfaction
- Develop strong collaborative relationship with Marketing, Technical and Customer Support
- Organize and conduct technical seminars related to the responsible portfolio
- Develop a strong solid understanding of assigned products and applications utilized by our customer base, as well as features and benefits of competitor products
- Play an active role within the North America commercial team, to share leads, develop opportunities, contribute to team spirit, and improve account penetration.
- Train/enable/support commercial representatives for base business maintenance and grow key accounts in the sales territory.
- Consistently and accurately manage sales process including sales forecasting, pipeline management, and sales tracking through the use of CRM and other designated IT tools.
- Evaluate, attend and support local trade shows and conferences as needed.
- Requires a BA or BS in Biology, Immunology or related field, or equivalent experience
- . or PhD preferred
Role success profile:
- Strong technical background with a minimum of 2 years hands-on experience in a research laboratory setting using flow cytometry
- Previous sales experience selling consumable reagents or flow cytometry related equipment in the RUO market
- Awareness of the life science marketplace, particularly of the flow cytometry market, its trends and competitors
- Designing multi-color flow cytometry panels
- Strong time and organizational skills with the ability to plan in advance and execute
- Functions well in a team base sales matrix environment
- Effective prospector
- Confident presenter and communicator
- Customer-centric and balances voice of the customer with Thermo Fisher Scientific values
- Contagious optimism and a "can do" demeanor
- Goal oriented
- Self motivator
- Problem solver
- Reside near San Francisco Bay Area (San Jose, Oakland are acceptable)
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative ,technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit ... .