Permanent (Full time)
Pay range - $17 - $22 (based on experience and location) | Team Lead opportunities available!
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT...
* We're building a team of bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
* You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and possess the know how to get the job done.
* In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
The essential and other important responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Load and unload 5 to 9 vehicle trailers, loading the vehicles onto hauler trailers or trucks in accordance with drop points on delivery routes
* Perform routine inspections and record any damage to vehicles before and after loading
* Properly secure vehicles onto truck/trailer and transport vehicles to and from staging areas at the distribution centers
* Perform routine inspections of CMV units for Department of Transportation (DOT) violations; inspect the CMV units for damage to unit, trailers, tires; check lubes (oil, coolant, etc) lights and other related mechanical issues
* Meet with lead driver and/or other supervisory personnel to report issues with CMV units and document any issues on a driver-vehicle inspection report (DVIR) form
* 2+ years of experience loading and unloading vehicles (or) the completion of appropriate training provided by Carvana
* General knowledge of federal, state and local safety rules and regulations regarding loading and unloading vehicles, axle weights, load height regulations, etc.
* Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing
* Strong decision making ability
* Time management skills
* Physical ability to perform assigned duties, which will include entering and exiting vehicles, as well as pushing, pulling, climbing and some lifting