Security Monitoring Services Engineer
Whiteman Air Force Base - This Area Only
Permanent (Full time)
Security Monitoring Services Engineer
Location: Remote - United States
The Dell Security & Resiliency Organization manages the security risk across all aspects of Dells business. We are currently experiencing incredible growth required to meet the security needs of the worlds largest technology company. With team members located in over 15 countries, you will have an excellent opportunity to influence the security culture at Dell and further develop your career.
Dell is a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of clients. We seek men and women who share our values, thrive in a team environment, and recognize the importance of accountability; people who strive to exceed expectations to ensure our Clients' success.
We are currently seeking a Cybersecurity Engineer to join our Security & Resiliency team
Cyber Security Engineers have responsibility for providing thought leadership across security technology areas and aligning with both the business and cybersecurity objectives. The candidate will be expected to contribute to initiatives across Cybersecurity, and work as a member of a larger team that focuses on priority driven items which change based on need.
Broadly the role\person:
Works as part of a global team bringing their wider security knowledge and experience to projects, along with a deep understanding of SIEM and logging\monitoring technologies.
The mission for the team is to provide data and visuals that improve cyber situational awareness.
It is intended the role will expand and the successful candidate will be part of a range of security projects\initiatives in other security technology areas.
The organization the successful candidate will be joining secures enterprise information by determining security requirements; planning, testing, and implementing security systems; preparing security standards, policies, and procedures; documenting solutions and working with other Dell Cyber teams; mentoring team members across the Cyber organization.
- Expand AIOps capability: leverage machine learning for orchestration of trends and identifying anomalies in logging data.?
- Support the business as part of a team of Infrastructure Operationally focused data AI and log Analytics Engineers
- Research, evaluate, test, design and deliver enterprise scale security solutions that satisfy security, business and customer requirements
- Identify data use (and misuse), gaps and opportunities
- Proven ability to think analytically and solve technical and business problems required
- Develop complex solutions to business problems or customer engagements through in-depth analysis, coordination and negotiation with key decision makers
- Document and diagram solutions
- Knowledge of SIEM + logging\monitoring technologies
- Sysadmin\Team lead level of knowledge and experience supporting Enterprise Linux (server and desktop) and Windows environments
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. With an emphasis on technical writing skills and the ability to explain complex problems to nontechnical teams
- Experience of running test\validation of products and solutions; demonstrating solutions, documentation and handover to support teams
- Knowledge of Splunk and\or NetWitness Administration
- Knowledge of other SIEM technologies
- Experience of automation, SOAR\AIOPS
- Experience of supporting cloud environments
- Comfortable working in a global team and engaging with all parts of Dell
- Ability to work with vendors to drive Dell requirements
- Can communicate and build effective relationships with people at all levels.
- Team ethos, mentor\coach mindset
- Knowledge of the SAFe Agile framework
Heres our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. Were proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
Whats most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didnt stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of whats next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here .
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here .