Registered Nurse CV Progressive Care PRN
Permanent (Full time)
Do you have the career opportunities you want as a Registered Nurse in your current role? We invest in what matters most to nurses like you at home, at work, and at every stage in your career. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Mission Health, which is a part of the nations leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
This is a PRN day shift position for internal applicants only at this time,
Nurses on CV Progressive Care have the opportunity to care for:
- Cardiology patients with a variety of diagnoses including CAD, MI, angina, heart failure, and arrhythmias.
- Patients who have undergone open heart surgery, lung surgery, vascular surgery, Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR), Left Ventricular Assist Device implantation (LVAD), heart catheterization/angioplasty, stents, and placement of defibrillators and pacemakers.
- Patients on various cardiac-specific medication drips
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils, vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at Mission Health!
Job Summary and Qualifications
- Provides leadership which facilitates the delivery of professional nursing care for the comfort and well-being of patients.
- Utilizes the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation, to provide, delegate, supervise and document care and teaching of patients and family.
- Implements medically prescribed interventions.
What you'll need:
- Required Education: Bachelor of Science in Nursing or enroll in a BSN or advanced degree program and obtain a BSN within 5 years of hire date into RN position. Grandfathering will be accepted between departments and Mission Health entities. Exemptions, or extensions, may be approved by the facility CNO and reported out to the CNO Council members. Each facility will ensure tracking of exemptions should this information be needed. RNs with 10 years or more of experience are exempt.
- Required License/Certifications: Must have and maintain current licensure as registered nurse with the North Carolina Board of Nursing. eNLC (Enhanced Nurse License Compact) license may apply, licensee should confirm with NCBONCertificate: BLS Healthcare Provider.
- Experience: At least one year hospital nursing experience.
Mission Health, an operating division of HCA Healthcare, is based in Asheville, North Carolina, and is the states sixth largest health system. Mission Health is consistently named one of the nations Top 15 Health Systems by IBM Watson Health and is the only health system in North Carolina to achieve this recognition. Mission Health operates six hospitals, numerous outpatient and surgery centers, post-acute care provider CarePartners, long-term acute care provider Asheville Specialty Hospital and the regions only dedicated Level II trauma center. With approximately 12,000 colleagues and 2,000 volunteers, Mission Health is dedicated to improving the health and wellness of the people of western North Carolina.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $ billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."
- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr. HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If this opportunity is your next step in your career path, we encourage you to apply for our
Registered Nurse CV Progressive Care opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.