Registered Nurse (RN) - Pulmonary - FT Days
Permanent (Full time)
We Are Hiring:
Ascension Saint Thomas is hiring an RN for our Pulmonary unit at Saint Thomas West. This unit is part of our new Caregiver program. We are taking away the obstacles so that you can do what you do best, care for your patients! Join our interdisciplinary team and see the difference a team approach can make. We are offering up a sign on bonus of up to $10,000 with this position.
Location: Nashville, TN
Facility: St Thomas West Hospital
Shift: Full Time, Days
What You Will Do:
This unit at Saint Thomas West is the TN Area's only dedicated Pulmonary unit! You will work alongside 2 Thoracic Surgeons as well as Pulmonologists, and Respiratory Therapists. As a Pulmonary RN you would expect to care for acute and chronic pulmonary diseases such as COPD & pneumonia as well as post-op thoracic surgeries. Skills you would expect to utilize on this unit are antibiotic administration, chest tube management, pain control, complex oxygenation needs and tracheostomy care.
* Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
* Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
* Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
* Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
What You Will Get:
* Opportunity for advancement- All the leaders on this unit formerly worked on the unit.
* One on One Education from a Unit Dedicated NP
* Opportunity to learn Critical Care Nursing skills
* Your own dedicated Patient Care Technician to work alongside
* Career Coach Specializing in Nursing
* Opportunity to earn Quarterly Incentive Bonuses
* Up to $10k sign on bonus available
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
* BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
* One or more of the following required:
* Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Tennessee Board of Nursing or current home state license for multi-state license recognition "Compact State" obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
* Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
As one of the largest health systems in the state, we offer rewarding careers across eight hospitals, in addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, clinics and rehabilitation facilities. We employ more than 8,000 associates and serve a 68-county area. As we continue to grow, we need compassionate caregivers to join us on our journey and to help influence care across our hospitals. We provide our associates with the support needed to re-energize, engage and experience the joy of caring for our patients. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension Saint Thomas is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
###### is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.