Cashiers - Whole Foods - Hiring Immediately - $19/hour
Permanent (Full time)
Located in Jackson
$2/hr additional Resort pay available
Provide excellent customer service throughout various departments in the store.
- Provide outstanding customer service, addresses needs of customers in a timely and effective manner
- Monitor product quality and freshness and ensure proper rotation of product
- Maintain accurate department signage
- Follow department procedures for preparing, storing, rotating and stocking of product
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
- Follow and comply with established procedures including health and sanitation and safe work practices
- Arrive to workstation on time, appropriately groomed, dressed and ready to work; works all scheduled shifts and attends required trainings and meetings
- High energy, enthusiastic and displays an affinity for our products, core values and company philosophy
- Passion for natural foods and the mission of Whole Foods Market
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency
- Ability to follow directions and established procedures; effective time management and organization skill
- High level of adaptability and flexibility required to work across different teams as needed
- Good communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Ability to learn basic knowledge of all products carried in the department
- Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness
- No prior retail experience required
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions
- Ability to read and speak basic English
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds, stand/walk for at least 6 hours, and be able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach with or without reasonable accommodation
- High School diploma or equivalent diploma
- In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours, sitting 1-4 hours.
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and pulling.
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting, squatting, and reaching.
- Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
- Exposure to temperatures: <32 degrees Fahrenheit (freezing), 32-40 degrees Fahrenheit (refrigerators), >90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including box cutters, electric pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery.
- May require use of ladders.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.