Amazon Picker - Flexible Shifts Available
Permanent (Full time)
Amazon Delivery Station Warehouse AssociatePay rate: Up to $
Job OverviewYoull be part of the dedicated Amazon team at the delivery station the last stop before we deliver smiles to customers. Our fast-paced, physical roles receive trucks full of orders, then prepare them for delivery. Youll load conveyor belts, and transport and stage deliveries to be picked up by drivers. You may even be part of the team that works with larger items, such as large screen TVs, furniture, and appliances, and be trained on how to use technology to handle these heavy bulk & Responsibilities
Some of your duties may include:
- Receive and prepare inventory for delivery
- Use technology like smartphones and handheld devices to sort, scan, and prepare orders
- View prompts on screens and follow direction for some tasks
- Build, wrap, sort, and transport pallets and packages
- Receive truck deliveries
Youll also need to be able to:
- Lift up to 49 pounds
- Stand, walk, push, pull, squat, bend, and reach during shifts
- Use carts, dollies, hand trucks, and other gear to move items around
- Go up and down stairs (where applicable)
- Work at a height of up to 40 feet on a mezzanine (where applicable)
What its like at an Amazon Delivery Station
- Safety. Your safety is important to us, so we provide protective gear. All teams share safety tips daily.
- Surroundings.Youll be working around moving machines order pickers, stand-up forklifts, turret trucks, and mobile carts.
- Activity. Some activities may require standing in one place for long periods, walking around, or climbing stairs.
- Temperature. Even with climate controls, temperatures can vary between 60F and 90F in some parts of the warehouse; on hot days, temperatures can be over 90F in the truck yard or inside trailers.
- Noise level. It can get noisy at times. We provide hearing protection if you need it.
- Dress code.Relaxed, with a few rules to follow for safety. Comfortable, closed-toe shoes are required. Depending on the role or location, Amazon provides a $110 Zappos gift code towards the purchase of shoes, in order to have you prepared for your first day on the job.
Why You'll Love this Job
- Stay busy. You and your team are engaged the entire shift.
- Schedule options. Full-time (40 hours), reduced-time (30-36 hours) or part-time (20 hours), depending on location. Some roles offer set schedules and others will allow you to set your own schedule weekly.
- Flexible shifts. Depending on your schedule, shift times will vary to ensure we meet customer-promised delivery times. Extra hours may be added to your schedule depending on business activity. Some locations allow you to set your own schedule on a weekly basis.
- Anytime Pay. You can instantly cash out up to 70% of your earnings immediately after your shift (for select employee groups, within select businesses). Learn more about Anytime Pay.
- Career advancement. We have made a pledge to upskill our employees and offer a variety of free training and development programs, and we also have tuition reimbursement options for select employee groups. See where your Amazon journey can take you.
- New skills. Depending on the role and location, youll learn how to use the latest Amazon technology including handheld devices and robotics.
- Team environment. Work on small or large teams that support each other.
Why Youll Love Amazon
Many of our jobs come with great benefits including healthcare, parental leave, ways to save for the future, and opportunities for career advancement all in a safe and inclusive environment thats been ranked among the best workplaces in the world. Some offerings are dependent upon the role, work schedule, or location, and can include the following:
- Competitive wage paid weekly, with overtime for more than 40 hours
- Healthcare (medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs)
- Medical Advice Line
- Network of Support (health & well-being on and off the job)
- Adoption Assistance
- Maternity and Parental Leave
- 401(k) savings plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Holiday pay opportunities
- Employee discounts
- Basic life insurance
- AD&D insurance
- Company-paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- On-the-job training and skills development
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition reimbursement
Learn more about Amazon Benefits and ###### /###### /Requirements:
- Candidates must be 18 years or older with the ability to understand and adhere to all job requirement and safety guidelines.
How To Get Started
You can begin by applying below. If you need help with your application or to learn more about our hiring process, you can find support here: ###### /.
Amazon remains open as an essential business to serve our communities delivering critical supplies directly to the doorsteps of people who need them. Find out what Amazon is doing to provide a safe environment for employees at this time on our COVID-19 FAQ page.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit ###### /. PandoLogic. Keywords: Warehouse Worker, Location: Brookline, MA - 02446
Find this job and thousands more on
Logging you in...