Engineer - Dublin | Zoek USA | 07118bf2476a4184a340135319d03cc2
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Engineer, Software Engineering (North America Supply Chain, SAP APO)
Permanent (Full time)
_What Software Engineering contributes to Cardinal Health_
Software Engineering is responsible for designing, developing, implementing and supporting applications, systems and IT products required to achieve the company's business objectives.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development techniques and fluency in software languages and application programming interfaces.
- Demonstrates general understanding of hardware/software platforms including but not limited to operating systems, databases, application servers, web servers and integration technologies.
- Plans and executes system implementations that ensure success and minimize risk of system outages or other negative production impacts.
- Demonstrates conceptual knowledge of architecture standards and database and operating systems.
- Demonstrates problem solving ability that allows for effective and timely resolution of system issues including but not limited to production outages.
- Analyzes production system operations using tools such as monitoring, capacity analysis and outage root cause analysis to identify and drive change that ensures continuous improvement in system stability and performance.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development, life cycle, modeling of business processes, application design patterns, business/functional documents. Estimates to high level business requirements and provide options analysis.
**_Accountabilities in this role_**
- Provide functional support to the North American Supply Chain landscape, focusing on inventory planning in APO.
- Expertise in GATP/Global Available to Promise Product allocation, BOP, RBATP
- Works with business on requirements gathering and designs solutions per the standards
- Conduct Development to support knowledge transitions into Advanced Planning & Optimization (APO SCM).
- Lead onsite and offshore team in day to day activities concerning the IT support
- Responsible for client communication and analyze the requirements for future releases
- Research day to day issues and instruct the offshore/onsite teams for timely resolution
- Perform root cause analysis on issues
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Computer Science, Business or related field or equivalent work experience preferred
- Minimum 5+ years working in inventory planning systems (APO, IBP, etc)
- Experience SAP ERP (ECC & S4) materials management module.
- Knowledge of SAP IBP (Integrated Business Planning) with focus in Demand, Inventory, S&OP and Control tower modules preferred
- SQL and Data Engineer knowledge preferred
- HCI (Hana Cloud Integration) knowledge preferred
- Experience in writing business cases for funding requests on a medium to large scale SAP projects preferred
- At least 1 full life cycle implementation using ASAP methodology
- Strong analytical, problem solving, organizational, and planning skills.
- Proficient PC skills; including working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Good understanding and implementation of industry and SAP best practices
- Strong communication and documentation skills, both written and verbal
- Experience in Agile execution preferred
_What is expected of you and others at this level_
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
_Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law._
_To read and review this privacy notice click_ here \
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Posted 4 days ago