Sr Software Systems Engineer - East Aurora | Zoek USA | 0710f2d3833447feb9a682a9ab7b6a45
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Sr Software Systems Engineer - Test Equipment
East Aurora, NY
Permanent (Full time)
- We solve our customers' most difficult technical challenges
- We value trust, respect, integrity & cooperation in everything we do
- Performance really matters - for our people, customers & shareholders
If this sounds like the kind of organization you want to be a part of, continue reading…
Moog Space and Defense Group in East Aurora is looking for a Sr Software Systems Engineer to join our engineering systems in test equipment.
This position will be responsible for developing new software as well as maintaining existing test software on existing National Instruments, dSPACE and Python based test equipment to support both lean manufacturing production and engineering development of electronic controller and actuator hardware.
Test software can range in complexity from basic interfacing of DMMs and Function Generators to dynamic multi-axis control of loads while the units under test are simultaneously performing movement commands.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Development and documentation of software requirements
- Documentation of design life cycle and bug log, user manual and test plan
- Architect, implementation and debug of software
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Develop and update calibration software procedures for test equipment
- Troubleshoot and debug test equipment used for testing actuators, motors, controllers, and circuit cards
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Must have a Bachelor of Science degree in an engineering discipline, mathematics, computer science or other degree with a focus on science, engineering and quantitative analysis and at least 3 years experience with LabVIEW, LabVIEW Real-Time and LabVIEW FPGA development tools
- At least one year experience with bug tracking tools and version control systems (Jira, Trac, svn, etc), with design, development, documentation and maintenance of test cases, and with Python or another automation scripting language
- Familiarity with National Instruments hardware, Real-Time controller and FPGA cards
- Familiarity with test equipment used for testing actuators, motors, controllers, and circuit cards
- Ability to work closely with the development and production teams to analyze, debug, and resolve issues
- Ability to use types of lab test equipment (oscilloscopes, function generators, logic analyzers, digital meters, power supplies, etc.)
- Must be a US Citizen
Ideal/Preferred qualifications include
- Certified LabVIEW Developer
- Experience with quantitative software, including any of the following (or similar); MATLAB, Minitab, R/S-Plus
- Experience with containerization
- Experience with test automation
- Experience with firmware VHDL coding and debug
- Familiarity with analog and digital hardware design, verification, and production testing
- Familiarity with functional, development and qualification testing of controller and actuator systems
At Moog we solve our customer's most difficult problems in an environment founded on mutual respect. Our people know that they can trust us to support them when they challenge the status quo to make things better. We know that creating a supportive culture where people feel free to make their own decisions is inextricably linked to producing a better product for our customers. We'd like to tell you more.
EOE/AA Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran
Posted 4 days ago