Safety and Occupational Health Manager - Atlanta | Zoek USA
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Safety and Occupational Health Manager
Permanent (Full time)
Serve as an advisor to management on issues of biosafety, chemical, and radiation safety ensuring that all operations are conducted in a safe and secure environment, and that all employees receive required initial, annual, and site-specific safety training while working in a laboratory environment.
Learn more about this agency
As an Safety and Occupational Health Manager you will:
- Serve as a Safety Manager responsible for implementation and evaluation of sound scientific and safety-related laboratory practices.
- Evaluate a variety of laboratory test procedures, processes, and specimen management practices, including import, handling, security, safety, transfer, and technical site-specific training within the laboratories.
- Monitor procedures and specimen inventories for compliance and adherence to applicable policies and regulations pertaining to high risk work conducted with select agents, including chain-of-custody and export to public health and research laboratories.
- Oversee laboratory processes, practices, and procedures and makes recommendations for safety and quality improvement.
- Prepare records, guidelines, site-specific standard operating procedures (SOPs), instructions, and/or policies, scientific reports, manuals, and other documentation for laboratory operations designed to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Job family (Series)
0018 Safety and Occupational Health Management
Conditions of Employment
- US Citizenship is required.
- Background Investigation may be required.
- One-year probationary period may be required.
- Travel, transportation, and moving expenses will be paid: No
- Bargaining Unit Position: Yes
- Drug Screening Required: No
- Immunization Required: Maybe
- Research position: No
- Promotion potential: No
- Supervisory position: No
- Time in grade (TIG) must be met within 30 days of the closing date of the announcement.
- All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
- Public Trust/Moderate Background Investigation (5) is required. .
Applicants must have one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-12 grade level of in the Federal service as defined in the next paragraph.
Specialized experience is experience which is directly related to the position which has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) to successfully perform the duties of the position to include experience in implementing and evaluating safety related laboratory practices such as evaluating laboratory test procedures, processes, and specimen management practices, including import, handling, security, safety, transfer, and technical site-specific training within select agent and non-select agent laboratories.
Documenting Experience: In accordance with Office of Personnel Management policy, federal employees are assumed to have gained experience by performing duties and responsibilities appropriate for their official series and grade level as described in their position description. Experience that would not normally be part of the employee's position is creditable, however, when documented by satisfactory evidence, such as a signed memorandum from the employee's supervisor or an SF-50 or SF-52 documenting an official detail or other official assignment. The documentation must indicate whether the duties were performed full time or, if part time, the percentage of times the other duties were performed. It is expected that this documentation is included in the employee's official personnel record. In order to receive credit for experience in your resume that is not within the official series and grade level of your official position, you must provide a copy of the appropriate documentation of such experience as indicated above.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
Posted 9 days ago