Principal Opto Mechanical Engineer - Broomfield | Zoek USA
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Principal Opto Mechanical Engineer
Permanent (Full time)
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it!
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Honeywell Quantum Solutions is focused on developing the world’s most advanced quantum computers, with ‘full stack’ capability from user interface software to the hardware layer and trapped ions. Our world-class team of scientists and engineers leverages expertise in complex hardware and software control systems, advanced optics and lasers, magnetics, cryogenics, atomic physics, and ultra-high vacuum environments to design and build systems with best-in-class performance in terms of both fidelity and qubit count. Honeywell believes quantum information systems will revolutionize the way many industries work. As a leading technology company, we intend to help shape the adoption and integration of those systems into the markets of our customers. We’re hiring the world’s best physicists and quantum engineers to make it happen.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell Quantum Solutions team is looking for a highly qualified Principal**Opto Mechanical Engineer** to lead opto-mechanical design, development and test of next generation laser delivery systems utilizing high resolution cameras for complex and high-density ion traps used in Honeywell’s elite quantum computer.
· You will demonstrate technical leadership as part of a multi-functional product team working on complex electro-opto-mechanical product initiatives. In addition, you will provide system-level expertise and interact with other teams to assist in overall development of Beam Delivery optics
· Lead design and development of very complex laser beam delivery and detection systems requiring sub-micron tolerances. Design and develop opto-mechanical assemblies and sub-systems; Provide consulting, mentoring, and guidance to research scientists, engineers, and other system integration staff
· Build prototypes, create detailed drawings and instructions for production. Perform prototype assembly and verification of optical/mechanical systems
· Perform risk and tolerance analysis and perform subsystem FMEA’s, sensitivity and monte carlo analysis
· Perform optical alignment and tests using interferometers, beam profilers, and other metrology equipment
· Specify and/or coordinate optical component design & fabrication with procurement/suppliers.
· Collaborate with team leads and program managers in the development of project plans, proposals and schedules
· Read, study, and explore cutting edge research papers describing optical systems and designs that apply to our products & customer interests
YOU MUST HAVE:
· Minimum 10+ years of experience with designing complex high precision optical and mechanical systems using Zemax (or CodeV, Oslo etc.) and Solidworks
· 2 + years of solid understanding of optical concepts such as ray aberrations, waves, diffraction, interference, Gaussian propagation, laser, imaging, etc.
· 2+ years knowledge of mechanical engineering concepts needed to deliver ultra-high precision optics
· Due to US export control laws, must be a US citizen
· A PhD degree in Science or Engineering
· Experience and understanding of Quantum optics
· Experience in microscopy imaging, signal cross talk, and low-signal detection techniques.
· At least 5 years of project management experience
· Experience in taking a lead role in optical systems development
· Experience in designing for manufacturing
Salary Range (min to max) : $147,000 - $221,000
For benefits information please visit ###### Current employees may visit HR Direct.
- JOB ID:req262705
- Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Email this job
Send this job to yourself or a colleague.
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.
Sign up for alerts and get notified when jobs like this are posted.
Enter Email address
Join The Talent Honeywell Community
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
Posted 7 days ago