Senior Geomorphologist - Portland | Zoek USA
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Permanent (Full time)
Cardno is hiring in Pacific Northwest and Northern California. You will lead geomorphic studies for a variety of aquatic, water resources, and restoration projects in the Pacific Northwest and Northern California. You will join a premier natural resources and engineering consulting firm renowned for its strategic planning, creative solutions,. Cardno has experience developing aquatic habitat restoration projects at multiple scales. We specialize in sustainable natural systems engineering, geomorphology, biology, water and natural resource management, permitting and compliance.
- 10 plus years demonstrated progressive experience in geology, geomorphology, watershed science, civil engineering, water resources, environmental engineering or another related field. Have scientific background with experience applying and for fluvial process understanding.
- Experience with habitat feature and stream bed gravel design.
- Knowledge of environmental planning and regulations, fluvial geomorphology, and fish biology in the Pacific Northwest or Northern California.
- Technical background, including fieldwork experience, in geomorphic assessments; stream and river hydrologic, hydraulic, and sediment transport analyses; watershed studies; flood hazard mapping; channel stability analyses, and support of stream and river restoration designs.
- Experience supporting water resources engineers and biologists in designing stream restoration/enhancement projects, fish passage, flood plain management, and other related projects.
- Write floodplain and watershed study reports, and technical memoranda.
- Lead and implement geomorphic studies.
- Capability to complete assigned tasks and with a multi-discipline team of engineers, planners, scientists, and GIS specialists to develop permits, design documents, and specifications.
- Capability in growing/mentoring staff.
- You will support development of scopes of work/budgets as part of proposal development.
Benefit eligible employees are offered a variety of plans to help address their health and welfare needs, as well as the needs of their families. Many of these benefits are paid in whole, or in part by Cardno. Other benefits are offered as voluntary options to be paid for by employees through the convenience of payroll deductions. Our comprehensive benefits package includes Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program, Paid Parental Leave Program, Health and Financial Wellness Programs, Life and Disability coverage as well as a 401(k) retirement plan with a company match.
Equal Opportunity statement for US based applicants
Cardno has a long standing policy of Equal Opportunity in employment. Our practice is to fill positions by selecting applicants who can perform the work in a competent and professional manner. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. At any time, if you need an accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources.
Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from any 3rd party agencies. No fee will be paid to 3rd parties who submit unsolicited resumes to any Cardno employee. Resumes from approved vendors must be specifically requested by Cardno and approved by the Cardno Talent Acquisition Team.
Posted 27 Days Ago
Be part of a global company where the work you do today will make a difference for generations to come.
At Cardno our people have a shared purpose to make a difference in the world – whether it’s delivering a sustainable infrastructure project in their local community or improving health outcomes on the other side of the world. Doing good work that benefits others is our greatest motivator.
When you join Cardno, you’ll be part of a diverse global team of talented technical experts and professionals. Working in collaborative and connected environments, your development will be mapped and supported to help you reach your career goals.
Balancing work, life and wellbeing is also important to us and we provide a number of initiatives and opportunities to help you achieve a happy working life at Cardno.
Our work is diverse and interesting and you’ll have the best people on your side to lend a hand. Because at Cardno it’s never about a single person or job – it’s about a shared vision that guides our results, and shapes how we deliver them.
Want to explore life at Cardno?
Learn more about what life is like at Cardno by viewing our Meet-our-people videos. If you like what you see, then we want to hear from you.
Posted 8 days ago