Assistant Branch Manager - Hayward | Zoek USA | 070f11a407d24d60b5c642032cab8475
Assistant Branch Manager
Permanent (Full time)
Job Title Assistant Branch Manager
Job Location Hayward, CA
Start A Great CareerWith A Great Purpose! We are a groupof industry experts with the experience and drive to turn any financial needinto a reality. Our mission is to satisfy the financial needs of our consumersthrough respectful, compassionate and efficient service. A Baltimore-basedcompany, Mariner Finance, with its affiliates, now features over 450 branchesin 25 states throughout the United States. We work with customers to findoptions that are beneficial for their specific needs, which is why we arerecognized as the communitys consumer finance company of choice!
Mariner Finance wasnamed in the 2015 Best Places to Work survey, a 2016 LearningElite Winner anda 2018 Training Top 125 Winner.
In This Role, You Will
- Provide service to customers and prospective customers seeking loans. Extend credit to individuals through a variety of loan programs. Represent the company in the community and develop and promote additional business.
- Proactively review daily staffing levels to insure level of coverage sufficient to provide quality customer service while controlling unnecessary expense. Monitors actual hours worked to insure proper utilization of staff.
- Provide service to internal and external customers as needed. Approve exceptions to policy as authorized by Manager based on nature of exception, customer retention needs and related factors. Resolve product service, and policy related problems for customers with exceptional timeliness, accuracy and professional courtesy. Originate, review and approve loan applications; review approved loans for possible up-selling, deny loans for possible counteroffer and settled loans for completeness of documentation.
- Be responsible for the sale of company products and services. Places inside sales calls to increase customer base. Be responsible for the retention and maintenance of existing accounts as well as developing awareness of other sales/service activities.
- Assist Branch Manager with administrative work for existing and potential customers; completes reports, initiates contact with customer as Managers direction to acquire additional financial information and communicate/resolve problem situations.
- Monitor and approve monthly expenses, verifying expenses against corresponding entries in annual business plan and documenting variances. May assist Manager in preparation of annual budget.
- In managers absence, coordinates functions and daily operational issues through communication with Regional Manager.
- Perform additional functions depending on market demand and branch staffing in order to provide consistent quality customer service. Other functions include but are not limited to: collecting payments, completing and processing loan applications, contacting customers for late payments, cashiering, answering phones, photocopying, filing, etc.
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities when they apply.
- High school diploma plus either completions of an Associates Degree (or two (2) years of college course work) in a discipline such as personnel management, business, accounting, marketing, finance, administration, economics; or recent successful (within past three (3) years) completion of a lending training program or other closely aligned course of study. Four years of related experience in a sales/and/or financial services industry can be substituted for the college degree or completion of the lending training program.
- In addition to the educational requirements listed above, incumbents must have an additional three years of related experience in a financial services, insurance or sales industry.
- Outstanding interpersonal, problem solving and organizational skills required at time of hire and ongoing to resolve problems for customers, to interact effectively with all levels of employees and all type of customers, both internal and external and to successfully utilize financial, human and technological resources to meet established business goals.
- Must possess excellent written communication skills to compose professional, error free correspondence, together with sufficient personal computer skills to compose such correspondence and format various reports utilizing PC software.
College degree preferred.
Bilingual fluency in Spanish/English preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to drive; sit; use hands to handle; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Salary Base + Competitive Bonus, Benefits: Health, Vision, Dental, Basic Life, PTO and select federal holidays, 401K and company match.
Standard Branch Hours: Monday, Wednesday and Thursday 9:00am 5:00pm, Tuesday 9:00am 7:00pm, Friday 9:00am 5:30pm. Some positions may require working a non-traditional schedule Evenings, weekends and holiday hours may be included.
Mariner Finance is anEqual Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race,color, sex, marital status, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation,disability, or status as a disabled or Vietnam era ###### workplace.
Posted 2 days ago