Pediatric Neurological Surgery Division Chief - Indianapolis | Zoek USA | 070ed9e8072d40efa2a5ef2c93ddad23
Pediatric Neurological Surgery Division Chief
Permanent (Full time)
Pediatric Neurological Surgery Division Chief
Indiana University is an equal employment and Affirmative Action Employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the . Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University’s Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, containing policy statements, crime and fire statistics for all Indiana University campuses, is available online . You may also request a physical copy by emailing IU Public Safety at ######
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Indiana University’s non-discrimination statement is found in policy UA-01 at .edu. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the . Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. The address for Indiana University’s Title IX Coordinator is: 400 E. 7th Street, Poplars 833, Bloomington, IN 47405. The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, containing policy statements, crime and fire statistics for all Indiana University campuses, is available online at ###### You may also request a physical copy by emailing IU Public Safety at ###### or by visiting IUPD
Title Pediatric Neurological Surgery Division Chief
Appointment Type Open
Department IUSM - Neurological Surgery
Campus IU School of Medicine Indianapolis
The Department of Neurological Surgery at Indiana University Health Physicians, Indiana University School of Medicine and Riley Children’s Hospital is seeking a Chief for the Division of Pediatric Neurosurgery.
The Division Chief must be prepared to lead collaborative multi-disciplinary clinical, education and research efforts in all aspects of pediatric neurosurgery. Strategic initiatives are ongoing in epilepsy and neurooncology for Riley Children’s Hospital and the newly formed IU Neuroscience Institute will be supportive of growth and innovation in these and several other areas.
• Provide oversight, guidance and mentorship of the pediatric neurosurgical faculty for clinical quality, professional development and scientific rigor
• Work with Neuroscience Institute leadership and the Departmental Chair to grow programs and conduct outreach in the state and the region
• Potential for leadership roles in hospital advisory positions and committees
• Potential for joint appointment as Residency Program Director and/or Vice Chair for Education for the Department or Vice Chair for Quality, should the candidate have the requisite qualifications and interest
• Bring professionals of disparate backgrounds together to build upon high-quality existing programs
• Provide a sustained vision for future growth
• Promote diversity and inclusion within the division
• Utilize operational skills and experience to enhance health care delivery models
• Contribute academically to the department, the institute and the IU School of Medicine
At the IU School of Medicine, we offer focused, systematic and sustained programs that are aligned with three foundational pillars of diversity and inclusion: representational diversity, inclusive working and learning environment, and cultural competence. Therefore, we are looking for applicants who can help ensure all our mission areas are inclusive and equitable.
• Experienced pediatric neurosurgeons only; the successful candidate will be at the current academic rank of Professor or eligible for such promotion
• Academic productivity in the form of ongoing research funding and a track record of consistent high-level publications is sought
• Subspecialty focus in fetal surgery, spinal deformity, peripheral nerve, neurovascular neurosurgery or neurooncology is of interest but not required
• Strong spirit of service and commitment to patient-centered care, transparency, cooperativity, flexibility, and leadership
• Exceptional communication skills
• Excellence in surgical training and education
• Completion of neurological surgery residency and pediatric neurosurgery fellowship accredited by the ACPNF
• Board Certified by the American Board of Neurological Surgery
• Additional certification in pediatric neurosurgery by the ABNS and the ABPNS
• Doctorate or Terminal degree is required. Physician MD/DO licensed or eligible in Indiana
• Visa sponsorship available; H-1B
• Dual employment with IUHP and IUSM
• Faculty appointment in the Department of Neurological Surgery at the IUSM
Department Contact for Questions
Priority Application Review Deadline
Expected Start Date
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this position?
- Personal Contact: At Professional Meeting or Conference
- Personal Contact: Direct Contact by Search Committee
- Personal Contact: Referred by colleague or advisor
- Personal Contact: School of Medicine recruiter
- Personal Contact: IUHP Physician Recruiter
- Announcement: Other Journal or Magazine
- Announcement: Other Website
- * Are you a dual career partner (your partner or spouse is already being recruited)?
Posted 5 days ago