Engineer II - Minneapolis | Zoek USA | 070ecacbdff744ec8ef0f306f755112f
Permanent (Full time)
Mortenson's success is not a matter of luck; it's a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our extraordinary people and collaborative teams. Mortenson has been voted a "best place to work" over 40 times since 2002…
…What are you waiting for?
Responsible for routine structural engineering assignments involving engineering techniques and principles for high voltage substation projects through 500 kV. Candidate will be responsible for working closely with other engineering and design team members to coordinate overall design package and requirements. They will be responsible for performing a broad scope of engineering assignments of basic difficulty requiring knowledge in engineering-related disciplines. They shall be capable of evaluating, selecting, and applying standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria by using judgment in making adaptations and modifications and providing interpretations and conclusions with support from other Engineers.
Mortenson by the numbers
11 offices + field
- Responsible for the structural engineering aspects on substation design and pursuit projects
- Works under close supervision on required tasks with detailed instructions from Engineering Lead or Manager of Engineering Services
- Comfortable interfacing and presenting to multiple stakeholders (. customer decision makers, project teams, etc.)
- Performs data analysis and basic engineering tasks for completion of small projects
- Perform basic engineering calculations required for simple designs across and above scopes
- Assists with the review and approval of equipment vendor drawings and test reports on equipment from manufacturers with Lead Engineer or Manager review and approval
- Provide engineering support for proposals, estimating, procurement and construction
- Coordinate with other engineering disciplines and Design Phase Managers to successfully deliver design projects
- Assist field personnel in resolving unanticipated site conditions
- Basic project management and analytical problem-solving skills
- Basic understanding of discipline specific technical designs, QA/QC procedures, and engineering policies
- Works under the supervision of a senior level engineer with specific work objectives
- Basic knowledge of engineering principles, business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements
- Can conduct project detailed designs aligned with our customer requirements and Mortenson's best practice standards
- Review of engineering work produces a first-time review rate of documents at 70% correct
- Verify that construction is in agreement with electrical engineering design drawings, including preparatory meetings, and QA/QC
- Assist in the development and evaluation of the technical requirements for fabrication and construction tender packages
- Collects and evaluates data to recommend courses of action.
- Assists more experienced engineers in the completion of large complex projects
- Have working knowledge of or are familiar with software packages: RISA, Lpile, Bluebeam Revu, Microsoft Office, AutoCAD,etc.
Our approach to leadership and culture
Our founder Mort Mortenson believed that we were all born to be leaders; that leadership wasn't something that just happened to us but was something within us.
Explore the culture he built
- Graduate of four-year college or university with Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering (BSCE preferred) with structural electives or related Engineering program. Strongly preferred the degree is from a school of engineering with at least one curriculum accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) as a professional engineering curriculum.
- Proficient in engineering theories and principles
- Proficient in practices of researching engineering and design issues, evaluating alternatives, making sound recommendations and preparing and presenting recommendations
- Engineering-in-Training (EIT) certification or achievement of EIT within 6 months of entering position with the expectation of achieving a PE license in the future
- Minimum two years related experience desired
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.
Posted 10 days ago