Technical Support Specialist - Indianapolis | Zoek USA | 070e6cf8769b48b3a6c735d81a27c1ba
Technical Support Specialist
Permanent (Full time)
Job Title: Technical Product Support Specialist
Location: Indianapolis, IN 46256
Duration: 24 months+ Contract
- Provide technical support to the customer base specializing in the IT Solutions for our instrumentation (Tissue Diagnostics/Digital Pathology).
- Customer support is provided on a rotating shift coverage schedule including weekend, holiday shifts, and/or pager coverage.
- Utilize expertise with customers in troubleshooting instrumentation and software to identify problems, answer basic questions on the function and usage of products, and recommend resolutions.
- Provide technical assistance to sales, marketing, and other departments and serve as the primary support liaison between the client and the customer.
- As the primary support liaison between, you will recommend solutions to customer's application questions and accurately maintain a database for tracking and trending.
- Provides direct technical support to customers in troubleshooting moderately complex and some complex problems related to non-functioning electro/mechanical equipment, software applications or reagents to identify problem areas and recommend corrective action.
- Refers more complex issues to higher levels. Serves as the primary support liaison between the client and the customer.
- Applies standard policies and procedures in analysis to resolve routine issues and assesses issues concerning Professional Products to determine potential Medical Device Reports, while adhering to FDA regulations, client and Department Quality requirements.
- Follows-up with the customer, tracks inquiry and updates/maintains records.
- Elevates customer's issues to internal resources as necessary for appropriate resolution.
- Utilizes technical resources such as technical reports, evaluations, applications, research documents, and technical journals.
- Also utilizes validated remote diagnostics for remote capable products.
- Serves as a resource to customers and other departments (. field service, sales, marketing, logistics) by providing requested technical/marketing information and other field requested materials. Directly contributes to the overall success of the company by providing efficient and effective technical support in a pleasant and informed interactive demeanor that solves the current service issue while promoting the business relationship.
- Ensuring an exceptional customer experience.
- In some business areas this job also functions as the product champion for specialized product support for internal, field and external customers providing specialized support, trending and recommendations for area of improvement, monitoring and training.
- Assists with technical training programs which primarily detail Basic Operator level operations, maintenance and troubleshooting instructions for customer users, and field and in-house technical support staff.
- Responsible for independent on-call coverage **Support Network Customer Support Center serves our customers on a 7 day/24 hour basis.
- As a TSS, you will work a schedule set on a quarterly basis.
- Schedules are changed quarterly or based on business needs where scheduled shifts may be during any or all of these times.
Holiday, weekend and evening coverage is shared among the IT Technical Support team.**
- Laboratory knowledge and experience (Workflow, Instrumentation, IT Solutions)
- Technical skills of interfacing of instruments to middleware and Laboratory Information Systems (LIS)
- IT Knowledge and Troubleshooting (Networking, Microsoft Windows, Hardware)
- Customer Support Experience.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
Posted 5 days ago