E - Springfield | Zoek USA | 070d70db574c4a279e6066d5261e10d3
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
E-GMS Team Member (Principal Consultant #1264, 1554)
Permanent (Full time)
Reporting to the Director, assists in the design, development and testing of grants within the Electronic Grants Management System (E-GMS).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for updating and testing existing grants within the E-GMS by reviewing and revising system details incorporating legislative, rule and regulatory changes as necessary.
- Incorporates new components and enhancements related to design functions.
- In collaboration with internal staff, analyzes grant processes and identifies system needs based on a working knowledge of rules, regulations and legislation pertaining to state and federal grants.
- Utilizing the E-GMS, designs and creates items used in grant applications, specifying the data properties and validations for those items.
- Creates approval workflows.
- Enters and maintains all programs and eligible participants.
- Performs testing of grants prior to publication.
- Incorporates appropriate data management principles.
- Documents the design process and as necessary, recommends and implements grant standardization.
- In collaboration with internal staff, analyzes federal and state regulations, laws and legal opinions regarding the proper fiscal administration of federal and state funding grant programs.
- Reviews and confirms recipient allocations.
- Works with department and agency staff as appropriate to determine correct appropriation and fund sources are in place and are sufficient for total allocations.
- Collaborates and participates with agency staff regarding training and technical assistance in the use of grants developed in the E-GMS.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master's Degree in Education, Business Administration, Business Analytics, Accounting, Liberal Arts, Information Technology or Computer Science, or a Bachelor's Degree in one of the listed fields plus two years of relevant professional experience. (COPY OF TRANSCRIPTS REQUIRED AT TIME OF APPLICATION)
- Two years of experience (in addition to education requirements) working with financial and other data in state or federal grants.
- Ability to think analytically and problem solve with a high attention to detail.
- Ability to identify and analyze problems and provide logical solutions.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and with teams in a collaborative manner.
- Ability to develop, interpret and communicate policies and procedures.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of federal and state regulations, laws and procedures related to grant programs and their administration.
- Working knowledge of computer programming concepts and databases.
- Knowledge in the design and implementation of user interfaces for electronic applications.
ANTICIPATED STARTING SALARY RANGE: $52,618 - $67,204
FULL SALARY RANGE: $52,618 - $91,998
OFFICE HOURS: Monday – Friday 8:00 . – 5:00 .
How to Apply
To view full posting and apply electronically, please visit ###### . Interested parties must submit the required application, cover letter, resume, and transcripts (unofficial until recommended for hire). The subject line should include the position number(s) you are applying for.
Job Title E-GMS Team Member (Principal Consultant 1264, 1554)
District Name IL State Board of Education Building Name Alzina Address 100 North First Street
Springfield, IL 62777 Phone######### Fax######### IASA Region Abe Lincoln County Sangamon Employment Type Full-time permanent Job Category Agency/Association Grade Level Other
Posted 2 days ago