Dietitian - Hialeah | Zoek USA | 070d28f3599e44e78828d0ab3be8a3e8
Dietitian, Value-Based Care Mgmt
Permanent (Full time)
The Value-Based Care Management Dietitian's role is to help improve the health of patients with chronic kidney disease by telephonic coaching to educate on proper nutrition and a diet uniquely designed to address patients' health concerns. This position provides dietary education, helping patients learn to manage disease and lead a more active lifestyle.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties and tasks may be assigned.
- Perform regularly scheduled evaluations of nutrition plans for renal patients, revising and/or updating as necessary, and participate in monthly interdisciplinary patient care conference.
- Recommend therapeutic diets in consideration of cultural and/or personal preferences and changes in treatment based on the patient's nutritional needs in consultation with the patient's physician.
- Answer questions and discuss problems with dialysis patients when excessive weight-gain occurs, or when other instances of suspected dietary non-compliance occur.
- Distribute educational materials concerning diet for the dialysis patients concerning aspects of their diets.
- Assist patients in obtaining dietary supplements as appropriate.
- Participate as a member of the Interdisciplinary team in all required patient assessment and care planning activities.
- Provide ongoing monitoring of data to determine need for timely intervention and follow-up.
- Knowledge of and comply with federal, state, local laws and regulations, including health care professionals practice act requirements.
- Perform duties at all times within limitations established by and in accordance with company policy and procedures, applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
- Be familiar with professional organizations related to kidney disease (., National Kidney Foundation, American Kidney Foundation).
- Assist with program's target goals for patient outcomes in accordance with quality patient care and Company goals.
- Actively promote GUEST customer service standards; develop effective relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Participate in team concepts and promote a team effort; perform duties in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required for the job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Must have Bachelor of Science Degree in Dietetics, Nutrition, or Food.
- Minimum of one year experience in clinical nutrition as a Registered Dietitian required.
- Current Registered Dietitian certification showing proof registered with Commission of Dietetic Registration.
- Current Dietitian license in applicable state is required unless employed in the state of AZ, CA, CO, HI, IN, MI, NJ or VA. State certification (Certified Dietitian/Nutritionist) required in CT and NY. License must be maintained as current and in good standing.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the English language and ability to communicate verbally and in writing, Spanish/Bi-lingual a plus.
- Must have basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook); proficiency in all USRC clinical applications required within 90 days of hire.
- Must meet any practice requirement(s) for the applicable state.
. Renal Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran.