Networking Engineering Team Lead - Southern Pines | Zoek USA | 070d15184db741d193341036451c0805
Networking Engineering Team Lead
Southern Pines, NC
Permanent (Full time)
We need a Networking Engineering Team Lead to work on help the Department of Defense (DOD) enhance their software portfolio. If you are smart, creative, and a self-starter, this job is for you. Apply today!
- Work in Cisco-based enterprise environment.
- Design, implement, and support WLAN, and LAN telecommunications infrastructure across multiple and various sites nationwide
- Provide resolution guidance to the other NCS team members for advanced systems design,
- Lead and actively participate in projects supporting network and telecommunications infrastructure implementations and enhancements
- Coordinate with local IT POCs to ensure strategic alignment and governance compliance
- Determine appropriateness of moderate equipment changes or modifications to provide a high level of security according to network service level agreement
- Provide enterprise-wide network services for all network & telecommunications systems
- Maintain SLAs for security and reliability
- Support enterprise strategy and plans
- Evaluate new networking solutions and propose recommendations for design and solution strategies
- Design and manage network implementation projects
- Collaborate with developers, managers, and field service representatives
- Track and resolve requests for network related services and support
- Provide post-mortem and root cause analysis for service requests
- Use Active Directory, TCP/IP, DHCP, VPN, Firewall, DMZ, SAN, and VMware virtualization
- Use Cisco and other networking devices and technologies to include fiber-optics, L2/L3 switches, switch stacking, VLANs, wireless access points, routers, RADIUS, SNMPv2c and SNMPv3, SSL and IPSEC VPN Tunnels, and ASA firewalls
- Use Microsoft and/or Linux Server technologies such as Lync, Exchange, SharePoint, SQL, WSUS, WDS, and RHEL.
- Evaluate new HW/SW, ., engineering/equivalency evaluations, equipment testing
- Develop procedures for installing/configuring the hardware
- Help deploy system upgrade for system refreshes, technical insertion of major HW/SW upgrades, etc.
- Provide local support while upgrades are being developed, or on site, when the upgrades are being delivered
- Develop systems documentation, ., network/system diagrams, data flows, ports, protocols, etc.
- Progressive experience
- Experience as System Administrator for Windows and/or Linux operating systems (and VMware technologies
- Experience with Cisco CCNA/CCNP
- Hands-on experience range of network related tools, concepts, technologies, best practices and security procedure
- Hands-on expertise with network hardware, protocols, and media including but not limited to Fiber Optics, UTP, 802. 11, VOIP, IOS, DNS, DHCP, directional wireless
- Bachelors degree
- Preference for one or more relevant certifications, ., Microsoft (MCSE) / LINUX Certifications / Cisco / Juniper/ VMware
- Southern Pines, NC 28387
- W-2 Employee
*West 4th Strategy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to**race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, national origin, age, marital status, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition, pregnancy, political affiliation, military or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law.*
**Other Considerations:**Selected applicants will be subject to a background investigation. Individuals primary workstation is located in an office area. The noise level in this environment is low to moderate. Regularly required to sit for extended periods up to 80% of the time; frequently required to move about to access file cabinets and use office equipment such as PC, copier, fax, telephone, cell phone, etc. Occasionally required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 10 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the use of computer monitor screens up to 80% of the time.