Data Glossary Analyst - Erlanger | Zoek USA | 070ca9d6aa7b48c7815c94d7cadfb332
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Data Glossary Analyst
Permanent (Full time)
At ADM, we unlock the power of nature to provide access to nutrition worldwide. With industry-advancing innovations, a complete portfolio of ingredients and solutions to meet any taste, and a commitment to sustainability, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional challenges of today and tomorrow. We're a global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world's premier agricultural origination and processing company. Our breadth, depth, insights, facilities and logistical expertise give us unparalleled capabilities to meet needs for food, beverages, health and wellness, and more. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we enrich the quality of life the world over. Learn more at .
Information Management - Data Dictionary Analyst
This is an exempt level position.
Passionate about data? If you often stay up at night wanting to protect and secure your company's most valuable asset, then keep reading.
Archer Daniels Midland (ADM) has embarked on a digital transformation! As a part of this transformation, we know that data is at the center of everything that we do. We seek a creative analyst to engage with business process owners to capture the acronyms used and turn that detailed information into meaningful and descriptive dictionaries which will provide a better understanding of how work gets done. The ideal candidate knows how to craft technical and business metadata and builds data lineage and traceability using SAP Information Steward's Metapedia tool. We are building a new capability, and we need creative, expressive, articulate, energetic analysts to make this new asset sing!
- Ensure the relevance and accuracy of the data dictionary by updating it to reflect changes in business and technology
- Create proper use policies to limit the collection of unnecessary data and, later on, audit data practices to ensure business compliance
- Complete business lineage (data lineage) for regulatory reports/processes that will conduct data element traceability back to data source that essentially validates where data comes from
- Identify industry-standard taxonomy to generate a universal organization data dictionary based on industry standards
- Promote good Information Governance standard methodologies throughout ADM
- Serves as a functional connection to the Lines of Business
- Manage incoming requests for additions to the data dictionary and create and update data taxonomy documentation
- Define terms and definitions for key data elements in cooperation with business and technology partners
- Reviews report data flows submitted by all business lines and addresses any gaps
- Reviews key performance indicators to address potential risks in our data and take the appropriate action
- Identify and resolve dictionary errors and identify duplication, preventing it from cluttering the dictionary
- Ensures that internal processes are effective, well documented and are followed appropriately
- Identify and develop solutions to information governance issues by working across organization teams
- Share status and progress in a meaningful and effective manner in a timely basis
- Develop positive relationships with Technology Partners
- Remediate data security and data quality incidents
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Demonstrable ability to work on your own as well as within teams
- Strong analytical, organizational, time management, facilitation, and process leadership skills
- Maintain a positive work environment through collaboration & conflict resolution
- Promote Information Governance standard methodologies
- Perform data taxonomy documentation in SAP Information Steward
- Engage with assigned business data owners to develop and enhance systems of record (one version of the truth), sources, and their usage
- Follow Information Governance standards
- Document Information Governance requirements
- Track Key Performance Indicators for the data dictionary ingestion efforts
- Manage the content of the data taxonomy
- Break down complex problems and projects into manageable goals
- Multilingual (. Portuguese, German, French, Ukrainian, Spanish, Latin, Simplified Chinese, or Vietnamese) Preferred but not required.
- Bachelor's degree related to Information Systems, Business or another relevant academic field with a minimum 4 years job experience in IT or process area(s)
- 2+ years in an Information Governance role
- 2+ years in writing policy
- 2+ years in a process role
- Past participation in building a data warehouse or business intelligence solutions
- Solid understanding of SAP Information Steward
Relocation may be available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a background check.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age disability and veteran status.
Posted 4 days ago