Assistant Regional Manager - Syracuse | Zoek USA | 070c4a494dc54660a983561ee46e6803
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Assistant Regional Manager
Permanent (Full time)
Assistant Regional Manager- Syracuse, NY / Central NY Region / Onondaga County Area - Full Time Position
This is an opportunity for the right candidate to not only take their career to the next level, but to also learn about the franchise business & fitness industry by working for a fast paced and growing franchise company under the Planet Fitness concept currently owning over 90 locations throughout Connecticut, New York, New Mexico, Arizona, Tennessee, Georgia and Canada...and growing.
Planet Fitness, a private equity backed fitness retailer, is seeking candidates for the role of Regional Manager. This individual will serve as a leader responsible for driving area sales and profit plans to budget through successful leadership, organizational plans, customer service, and outstanding execution of all field operations, strategies, consistently across a group of Planet Fitness locations. The business is growing rapidly with strong market penetration, new location openings and planned additional acquisitions. The position will report to the appropriate Regional Manager.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Be timely and prepared for morning agenda call with RM and co-ARM, to speak on the previous day's events and the game plan for the day.
- Schedule to be out of their club a minimum of one day a week as per needs of the RM and region.
- Maintain high level of performance at one's home club at all times. If performance in any given area, as identified by the division president or regional manager deteriorates due to the .M. being out of the club, the .M. will be required to stay in their club until their metrics improve.
- Ability to travel to all clubs located in respective region.
- When visiting clubs, use RM in club agenda.
- Perform club monthly inspections as per request of RM.
- Handling all member complaints from assigned clubs as an "area manager"
- Review daily dashboard report and MTD production report (sent by RM) to check for voluntary cancels, amenity usage.
- Maintain all ECP-PF and corporate Planet Fitness standards and policies and hold employees accountable via the corrective action forms as per approval of RM.
- Assist RM in conducting GM Performance Reviews on an annual and quarterly basis.
- Audit employee training progress and completion of each club and report findings to T & D Specialist on a bi-weekly phone call.
- Responsible for the weekly new hire orientation and onboarding of assigned club's new staff.
- Conduct quarterly IDP reviews with the T & D Specialist and RM to further their own personal development.
- Evaluate GM interview skillset and be able to sit in and assist on the interview process as directed by the RM.
- Run assistant manager and lead front desk meetings with T & D Specialist.
- Participate in marketing events.
- Assist in communicating professional emails to the team on behalf of RM and corporate office.
- Build an understanding of managing a payroll budget each quarter for an entire region.
- End of week summary forms to be submitted to RMs by EOD Friday.
Education & Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree () in marketing, sales, management or a similar discipline from a four-year university or equivalent experience is preferred.
- A proven track record of strong performance in driving performance and key field operations metrics, coupled with successful and consistent organizational development history.
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Word and other MS Office applications.
- Demonstrated experience in successful rollout and implementation of area-wide retail location presentations, sales, operating discipline, and communications initiatives.
- Outstanding leadership skills. Inspiring interpersonal effectiveness to lead a team, train talent and effect change. Track record of building talent. Able to balance the need of delivering a creative experience, and a profitable result.
- Ability to manage the overall operations of multiple retail locations independently
- Knowledge of retail or restaurant industry operations
- Experience analyzing financial reports in a complex, fast-paced multi-unit environment
- 3-5 years of experience serving in a general manager role in a multi-unit retail environment with progressively responsible retail experience.
- Proven experience managing and developing productive management teams through exceptional leadership and effective coaching skills.
- Must possess excellent business acumen, forecasting and management skills
- Possess a "clean" driving license
- Demonstrated experience in managing a budget for multi-unit retail locations
- Must have demonstrated success providing 5-star customer service
- Proficient in implementing and enforcing policies & procedures
Typical Hours(Initial training hours may vary and also may vary depending on current needs of the facilities)
- Monday: 9:00am - 7:00pm
- Tuesday: 9:00am - 7:00pm
- Wednesday:9:00am - 7:00pm
- Thursday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Friday: 9:00am - 3:00pm
- Saturday: OFF
- Sunday: OFF
Posted 1 days ago