Academic HR Analyst 3 - Davis | Zoek USA
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Academic HR Analyst 3- SOM: Internal Medicine- Sacramento Campus
Permanent (Full time)
The Department of Internal Medicine is the largest department in the School of Medicine and on the UC Davis campus. The Academic Personnel Analyst in Internal Medicine manages academic actions for ten divisions and one section, including approximately 450 academic personnel: 225 faculty titles, 90 other academic titles, and approximately 220 volunteer clinical faculty appointments.
Closing Date : 3/15/2021 Interviews may be held at any time
Salary Range : $2, - $4, , grade 22
Salary Frequency : Biweekly
Appointment Type : Career
Percentage of Time :
Shift Hour : 08
Location : Patient Support Services Bldg
City : Sacramento
Union Representation : No
Benefits Eligible : Yes
We offer exceptional employment benefits including medical, dental, and vision plans, generous paid vacations and holidays, excellent retirement savings and investment plans, continuing education, and reduced fee and scholarship programs.
THIS IS NOT AN H1- B OPPORTUNITY
The Academic HR responsibilities include academic employee recruitment, appointment, advancement, management of leaves of absence, problem and conflict resolution, and separation. Analyzes policies and determines departmental procedures for all academic series. Ensures compliance with campus and school policy and procedural standards. Serves as liaison with the Dean's Office for information, policy interpretation, or clarification needed on all academic matters. Responsibilities also include oversight of payroll activities for academic employees in partnership with the HR Business Partner. Work swith the Division Managers to review faculty and staff physician salaries in preparation for salary negotiations. Advises the Department Chair, CAO,Division Chiefs, and Division Managers on academic personnel timelines and processes, trends, and problem resolutions. Works with the Dean's office to monitor the department's state-funded FTE positions and implementation of academic processes. Facilitates academic personnel actions in collaboration with other Schools, Colleges and Departments at UC Davis.
- Experience with academic personnel with wnowledge of, and ability to interpret, University Policy and Procedures, Academic Personnel Manual, Personnel Policies for Staff, union contracts, Medical Staff Bylaws, Joint Commission, and Payroll Policies
- Excellent writing skills to independently compose correspondence, reports, newsletters, teaching and "how to" material, with good editing and grammar skills
- Excellent computer proficiency with databases, produce reports, capture, analyze, and manipulate data using word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software (MS Word, Excel, FileMaker Pro, and PowerPoint) and design screens, reports, and queries in these programs.
- Strong critical thinking skills to analyze situations, gather necessary information to proactively address systemic changes, potential conflicts and create and operationalize appropriate actions and processes.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact effectively with faculty, clinical fellows, researchers, students, and administrative staff.
- Strong analysis skills to interpret and utilize financial documents and reports.
- Proven experience to work independently with little or no direction and make good independent judgments.
- Strong organizational skills to prioritize workload and meet multiple competing deadlines.
- Must maintain confidentiality of all Academic and Staff personnel and salary issues
Must pass a written assessment. This position may be subject to a criminal background investigation, drug screen, Live Scan fingerprinting, medical evaluation clearance, and functional capacity assessment.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Posted 11 days ago