Nurse Coordinator - Mankato | Zoek USA
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Nurse Coordinator - Mental Health Center
Permanent (Full time)
Under the general direction of the Human Services Director of Business Operations and using a client-centered approach, this position will primarily be responsible for providing program administration and coordination for the Mental Health Center (MHC). This position leads the daily work activities of the MHC, as well as the nursing and patient care teams. This position will facilitate staff development and conduct performance management and improvement functions. This position will also be responsible to develop and manage clinic workflows, processes, and policies; assure patient access and quality of care; perform grant management and direct the day-to-day operations of the Mental Health Center.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides Program Coordination and Administration. Interprets and communicates State policy changes impacting the County and program service delivery. Makes independent decisions on the day-to-day operations of the MHC, including scheduling, patient experience, Electronic Health Records(EHR) functions, etc. Advises the Director of Business Operations on information needed to meet MHC’s mission, needs and expectations. Develops, implements, and oversees internal and staff coverage and service delivery workflow, processes and policies. Reviews and submits invoices for approval. Performs functions as Project Lead as needed. Reviews and approves MHC data requests. Participates in budget planning and reviews, actively monitors the program budget and service outcomes. Develops procedures to minimize County fiscal liability and maximize third party revenues.
- Acts as a liaison between the MHC and regional and collaborative partners. Maintains contact, facilitates and participates in meetings and/or committees with affected governing bodies, external agencies, and other related professionals. Builds effective working relationships with providers and professionals in the community and region through integrated health care models.
- Coordinates and assigns work duties as needed to ensure departmental duties are completed in a timely manner. Provides direction and support to the Patient Care and Nursing Teams, as well as front desk staff, as necessary. Guides patient/client crisis situations with staff. Assures provider, nurse, and intake coverage. Leads staff meetings. Prepares and facilitates performance evaluations of identified nursing staff.
- Assures quality through staff development, performance management and performance improvement processes.
- Assures patient access and quality of care. Provide high level oversight of clinic productivity. Ensure compliance with requirements of Rule 29 licensure. Maintains performance reports. Responds to and resolves appeals, complaint calls, or general MHC administrative calls.
- Performs Grant Management. Researches and prepares grant applications. Develops clear, concise, and coherent written program plans that clearly describe existing problems, unmet needs, and future programmatic remedies. Prepares and submits grant reports. Determines and coordinates evaluation methods for implementation and reports on program activities. Acts as liaison with external grant authority. Assists with development of and implementation of any needed Corrective Action Plans.
- Performs patient care duties, according to the patient’s individual treatment plan, for the clinic and support to the medical staff and case managers. Assists patients through medication set up, administration and education. Directs community-based crisis prevention and intervention services at the direction of the medical staff or case manager, as appropriate to reduce or minimize the need for hospitalization.
- Participates in Professional Staff Development. Participates in training and education opportunities to maintain and improve proficiency. Attends and participates in professional organizations. Incorporates new learning into daily work. Reads appropriate journals and articles. Associates with agents and departments from other counties and states to learn about and maintain professionalism. Stays current on local concerns/issues through service on local boards and committees. Shares knowledge and skills with other agency staff.
- Performs Other Related Functions as Apparent or Assigned.
- Registered Nurse licensure with the ability to practice in the State of Minnesota
- Associate's Degree in Nursing and 3 or more years of experience in a clinic or a mental health care setting
- Experience working with individuals with mental illness.
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in nursing
- 2 years of experience working in an outpatient Mental Health Center or Clinic
- Experience with program management
- Operational knowledge and experience with Rule 29 Mental Health Center requirements
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Must comply with organizational and departmental policies and regulations.
- Must possess a valid MN driver's license and be able to drive in the State of Minnesota.
- Must successfully pass a background check.
- Must comply with data practices policies and standards relative to not public data. Any access to not public data should be strictly limited to accessing the data that are necessary to fulfill the employment responsibility. While data are being accessed, incumbent should take reasonable measures to ensure the not public data are not accessed by individuals without a work reason. Once the work reason to access the data is reasonably finished the not public data must be properly stored according to county policy and the Minnesota Statutes.
HOURS OF WORK
Monday through Friday from 8:00 . to 5:00 . Occasional evening and weekend hours may be required.
For a Regular Full-Time Employee
The County of Blue Earth provides a comprehensive, balanced, and competitive benefits
package as part of your total compensation. The County's benefits programs address both the immediate needs that you and your family may have, such as medical coverage or dependent care assistance, and your long-term needs, such as retirement savings.
The following outline of County offered benefits serves as an overview and does not provide all provisions, limitations, and exclusions. If there is a contradiction between this and the official plan documents, the plan documents will prevail.
Vacation accruals, utilization and payouts vary within each collective bargaining agreement and/or the employee handbook.
Years of Service Biweekly Accrual Rate (based on 80 hour pay period)
0 – 5 years hours
6 – 9 years hours
10 – 13 years hours
14 – 18 years hours
19 years – 24 years hours
25 years – over hours
Employees earn 8 hours of sick leave per month.
Most employee groups observe the following holidays:
New Years Day Labor Day
Martin Luther King Day Veterans Day
Presidents Day Thanksgiving Day
Memorial Day Friday after Thanksgiving
Independence Day Christmas Day
Employees may choose between single or family coverage.
Employee Monthly Premium
Single Coverage Family Coverage
BCBS High Deductible $0 $
BCBS CMM Plan ($300 deductible) $ $
BCBS $0 Deductible CMM (Base) Plan $ $
Employees are provided with the following term life insurance benefit at no cost to them.
Union: $20,000 term life/$20,000 AD&D
Non-Union/Supervisory: $35,000 term life/$35,000 AD&D
Department Head/Elected: $50,000 term life/$50,000 AD&D
The County and the employee contributes to PERA (Public Employees Retirement Association)
- Employees must participate as directed by Minnesota statutes.
- Contribution rates vary depending on position.
- Employee may obtain refund of employee contribution upon termination of service.
Variable Benefits Available:
The following benefits are available on an elective basis at the employee's choice:
Long Term Disability
Flexible Spending Reimbursement Accounts
Deferred Compensation (457b)
529 Educational Roth
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Questions regarding benefit information can be directed to Human Resources at#########
Posted 14 days ago