Bilingual (English / Spanish) Customer Billing Advocate - Melville | Zoek USA | 070b32df5bbd4c8090d04e7278896d19
Bilingual (English / Spanish) Customer Billing Advocate
Permanent (Full time)
Cuando se trata de salir adelante y tienes la voluntad de ganar, vamos a llamarlo gran potencial de carrera ! Imagine being able to get answers to your health plan questions from someone who speaks the same language as you do. Or, the opposite, not being able to get the answers. At UnitedHealth Group , we want our customers to get those answers by speaking to one of our Bilingual Representatives. If you're fluent in English and Spanish, we can show you how to put all of your skills, your passions and your energy to work in a fast – growing environment.
Combine two of the fastest – growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making Healthcare data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.
A successful Customer Billing Advocate within Optum360, servicing Northwell Health Revenue Cycle, has a passion for delivering extraordinary service to our customers who deserve and expect the ultimate in health systems experience. The Customer Billing Advocate will be an exceptionally customer focused individual that will provide information, fulfill customer needs, and tailor our services to create an easy and seamless servicing experience.
We want extraordinary people who can surpass our customer’s expectations by providing a unique interaction with our organization that strives to drive high satisfaction and loyalty.
- Primarily performing all functions within a customer teleservicing center, servicing a high volume of billing related customer requests
- Understand intricacies of health care billing and how to communicate effectively
- Have financial conversations and drive the collection of payments
- Promote meaningful and positive payment experiences through relevant and informed conversations with customers regarding the financial services that we can offer
- Create flawless experiences for our customers by addressing customer inquiries and resolving service issues that include but are not limited to: researching and analyzing accounts receivable and outstanding balances, negotiating and advising on the collection of overdue bills and payment plans, collecting overdue payments, understanding financial assistance offerings, managing and resolving customer disputes
- Address and resolve complex escalated billing and service issues utilizing department policies and procedure manuals, guidelines and other reference materials
- Create innovative ways to resolve customers’ issues or concerns to win their loyalty
- Provide input for new service processes and strategies
- Be accountable and take ownership of the customer’s experience from beginning to end Identify opportunities to proactively meet member needs to deliver value – added recommendations and services
- Meet individual performance objectives based on customer satisfaction, productivity and overall positive / proactive behavior, while participating in training sessions to remain current on various policies, processes, systems and procedures related to servicing of customers
- Work with internal departments to achieve common goals
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Bilingual fluency – Spanish
- 1+ years of customer service, including but not limited to: Hospitality, retail, banking, call center, etc.
- Proficiency with Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to learn new and complex computer system applications
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Word (create, edit, save and send documents)
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Excel (create, save, and input data within spreadsheets)
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Outlook (send / receive emails)
- Available to work any shift during hours of operation 8:00 am – 6:00 pm, Monday – Friday. Hours of operation may change due to business need
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (, entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Healthcare industry experience
- Medical Billing experience
- Activity within a healthcare association
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Empathetic, courteous, and pleasant on the phone with patients
- Ability to build relationships with customers to drive high customer satisfaction
- Listen and respond appropriately to inquiries
- Ability to think critically, problem solve effectively, and respond quickly
- Ability to meet and / or exceed productivity and quality standards in a fast – paced environment
- Motivated, organized, and enthusiastic
- Experience working in a metric driven environment with productivity goals or quotas
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities at:
Careers with OptumInsight. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.
Posted 1 days ago