Staff Platform Applications Engineer - Santa Clara | Zoek USA
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Staff Platform Applications Engineer
Santa Clara, CA
Permanent (Full time)
- Our Staff (or Senior Staff) Software Platform Application Engineer will be a part of the Ampere Product team tasked with supporting customers in enabling and accelerating their designs. We are looking for a candidate with a minimum of 6 years of experience developing/supporting BMC /UEFI Firmware and open source and customized Linux for x86/Arm server platforms. Experience in bring-up support, software development/customization, driver porting, performance tuning, and system debugging are a must.
- Provide software engineering services to customers using Ampere Computing's 64-bit ARMv8 processors, including bring-up support, software development/customization, driver porting, performance tuning, and system debugging, primarily focusing on UEFI, open source and customized Linux
- Develop a system bring-up and debug plan to facilitate smooth bring-up
- Resolve compatibility and platform firmware and software problems. Perform analysis of reported failures and address implementation issues.
- Customer code review or consultation. If needed, develop sample code to demonstrate feature implementation
- Performing competitive performance benchmarking for different Server workloads
- Develop customer demos showcasing key product features and value proposition
- Educate and support customers in using Ampere Evaluation Platform BSPs
- Travel to customer sites to support platform bring-up and production line contingencies when required.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience developing/supporting BMC /UEFI Firmware and open source and customized Linux for x86/Arm server platforms for scale deployments, preferably for hyperscale cloud.
- Knowledge of Server software/hardware interdependencies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in both Mandarin and English
- Customer-First attitude and passion for solving key problems
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
Posted 5 days ago