Melt Shop Helper - Sayreville | Zoek USA | 0709fe1fb74247b49f05670865dc3321
Melt Shop Helper
Permanent (Full time)
it's what's inside that counts
There's more to CMC than our steel products and the buildings, structures, and roads they go into. At CMC, it's the people inside our recycling centers, fabrication plants, steel mills and offices that make us who we are as a company. Our success comes from finding, retaining, and supporting the highest quality talent by offering:
- Competitive compensation
- Advancement opportunities
- Paid time off
- Low-cost medical, dental, vision
- Company-paid life and disability
- Company matching 401(k) plan
- Employee stock purchase plan
Why This Job
CMC provides an excellent opportunity to learn the steel industry and grow in your career. Whether you will spend your day in an office cubicle, operating a crane or running the melt shop at one of our mills, at CMC, you'll get the training and support from your team that you need to excel in your role and reach your full potential.
What You'll Do
- Assist maintenance personnel when requested/needed
- Work safely to prevent on the job injuries by following safety rules and regulations at all times including proper wearing of company PPE
- Be alert of unsafe conditions at all times and report them immediately
- Effectively communicate with others about possible production issues, concerns, and needs
- Ensure equipment inspection reports are filled out each shift
- Ensure the tasks and activities as directed by operations support management are carried out in a safe and timely manner
- Perform minor/routine maintenance or repairs as needed without the assistance of maintenance personnel
- Responsible for continuous improvement such as suggesting improvements in work methods and procedures
- Responsible for daily housekeeping duties including but not limited to immediate work area
- Troubleshoot work related problems using job knowledge, experience, and by communicating with others
- Understand start up, shutdown, and emergency procedures
What You'll Need
- Ability to work as a team player in a fast-paced environment, with excellent strong work ethic, attention to detail, and organizational skills
- Ability to work with exposure to extremes in temperature, chemical, dust fumes and mists, uneven surfaces, loud noise, elevated work areas, and confined spaces
- Basic computer skills
- Dependability in attendance, work completion, and flexibility to meet business needs
- Must be able to learn quickly and multitask
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Some overtime will be required
- Work on a rotating shift which may include weekends and holidays
- High School Diploma or GED required
We are Commercial Metals Company, a Fortune 500 company with a family feel that's already part of your life. Our steel products have been supporting structures in more than 20 countries for over 100 years. And the secret to our success? We've built our legacy by assembling a team of innovators and doers to tackle some of the most challenging problems facing our world over the last 100 years - but we're just getting started.
If you're ready to reimagine ways to make the steel industry more sustainable, reinforce the bridges and roadways connecting our communities, and do meaningful work, you're ready to join CMC. Apply today and start moving your career - and our world - forward.
CMC is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, citizenship, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, or other status protected by federal, state or local law.
Current Employee? Click here to apply.
Current Employees Apply
Click here to apply.
Nearest Major Market: New Jersey
Posted 1 days ago