Marine Dispatcher Marine Operations Inland - Houston | Zoek USA
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Marine Dispatcher Marine Operations Inland
Permanent (Full time)
The midstream segment of the energy industry is a growing business, and at Genesis Energy, we know how to capitalize on emerging opportunities. That's why we look for people who are creative in spirit, entrepreneurial by nature and customer-focused in practice. Think you have what it takes to join our team? Genesis Energy employees are a diverse collection of specialized professionals with backgrounds and experiences from companies of all sizes. Our employees and work locations are spread across the United States, as far west as Texas, north to Wyoming and east to Florida. We are committed to the highest health, safety and environmental standards to protect our employees, our business assets and the communities in which we operate and invest
- Facilitate the communication of information between Vessel and Shore side personnel including transmission of orders, gathering of traffic, coordination of dockside activities and resolution/notification of incidents
- Prepare and communicate daily position reports to the customers and to management along with any other pertinent information related to vessel activities or client specific requirements
- Coordinate fuel/lube purchases for tugs as requested
- Assist in supporting the operations group vessel requests
- Review traffic for status accuracy, and potential problems
- Confirm trip requirements are met
- Assist in the coordination of barge preparation (repairs, etc.)and boat repairs with Maintenance Department
- Attend daily meetings (as required)
- Communicate operational requirements or general concerns to Vessel Operations as required
- Communicate trip delays to Sales as required
- Assist in the coordination of incidents and problem resolution as required
- Assist in the management of incoming phone calls
Required Skills, Experience, and Education:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor's degree in Maritime Administration is preferred
- Marine experience is preferred
- Organized, detail-oriented and accurate
- Self-motivated and multi-task oriented
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Genesis Energy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected class.
- Job Family Logistics/Transportation
- Pay Type Hourly
- GENESIS ENERGY, LLC, 919 Milan St, Houston, Texas, United States of America
Posted 10 days ago