Nursing Specialist - Las Vegas | Zoek USA
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Nursing Specialist, Student Learning
Las Vegas, NV
Permanent (Full time)
Opportunity at a Glance
If you are passionate about student success and in making a positive impact on future nurses, the Nursing Student Learning Specialist role is a great opportunity for you. The Specialist supports the mission and philosophy of Chamberlain by assisting students with the mastery of didactic and clinical learning concepts, including patient care simulations.
Specialists collaborate with academic partners, faculty and staff, to help students during their academic program and as they prepare for success with the NCLEX-RN exam. Specialists work with students individually and in small groups to assess learning styles, identify strengths, and discover opportunities for academic development. Creating and implementing personalized remediation plans, the Specialist is an important partner for our students as they prepare for academic and professional success. In addition, Specialists support all clinical learning lab and simulated patient care learning experiences for students.
As a Nursing Student Learning Specialist, you will:
- Provide instruction, remediation and evaluation in didactic and clinical learning concepts, including patient care simulations.
- Demonstrate current, detailed, accurate knowledge of concepts tested by the NCLEX-RN, as well as current nursing practice, to provide academic support.
- Demonstrate current, detailed, and accurate knowledge of University programs and accurately communicate academic policies and regulations to students.
- Demonstrate effective behaviors and accountability in meeting the following standards of service excellence to students, fellow team members, and external agencies: Friendliness and courtesy; professional environment; effective communication; and first-class service.
- Communicate and document students' academic progress to academic leadership.
- Prepare and maintain labs and simulated patient care environments with equipment, supplies, media, computers, and materials needed to replicate virtual healthcare settings.
- Collaborate with Course Coordinators and faculty to ensure preparation of lab supplies and equipment based on faculty requests and course schedule.
- Assist in developing and implementing detailed clinically- based scenarios for the computerized simulators.
- Operate and maintain computerized simulation equipment.
- Coordinate and supervise students to ensure that lab experiences meet course objectives and provide individual oversight to students for practice and/or remediation on technical skills as requested by faculty and students.
- Participate in planning and scheduling for students and faculty by ensuring open lab and structured lab utilization times are available and communicated and appropriately resourced.
- Contribute to and attend national academic and clinical learning conferences.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree in nursing.
• Master's degree in Education or Nursing preferred.
• Unencumbered RN license.
• BLS CPR required, BLS CPR instructor certification; ACLS and /or PALS preferred.
• One (1) year experience in an academic environment supporting classroom instruction or specialized tutoring support preferred.
• Excellent communication skills with proven ability to communicate via telephone, computer, and in person.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.
Who We Are
Chamberlain Universityhas a 130-year history and the mission to educate, empower, and embolden diverse healthcare professionals who advance the health of people, families, communities, and nations. We're 99,000 strong, with 31,000 students and 68,000 alumni armed with the skills, passion, and determination to make a difference in today's complex healthcare environment. By living Chamberlain Care®, we've built a culture in which colleagues and students thrive and we graduate extraordinary healthcare professionals who transform the health of people worldwide.
Our regionally accredited University is comprised of the College of Nursing and the College of Health Professions. Our College of Nursing offers a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree program at 22 campuses and online post-licensure degree programs and certificates including RN to BSN, RN to MSN, a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) with six Specialty Tracks, and a Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP). Our College of Health Professions offers online options with a Master of Public Health degree, Public Health Certificate programs, and a Master of Social Work degree. Learn more about Chamberlain University, part of Adtalem Global Education, at (/).
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We pride ourselves in nurturing a culture that encourages everyone to bring their full selves to work each day. To us, diversity and inclusion needs to be intentional to be impactful. We don't just welcome differences, we celebrate them. WeAreAdtalem
To learn more about our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion, click here to visit our Diversity page.
Posted 6 days ago